Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios is forming a QA Strike team. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation
Default Reverie World Studios is forming a QA Strike team.

Reverie World Studios is forming a QA Strike team.

We are forming a QA strike group with the primary goal of completely eradicating all out of sync errors aswell as secondary goal of testing pathfinding and AI combat in the near future. To achieve the primary objective we will need people with powerful computers able to comply with advanced logging and debugging with the speical Dev Build. We would also like members that do love the game have a pasion for it but also know it’s flaws. We are looking for very active members that fall into the requirments.

Requirements:
1.Have a copy of dawn of fantasy and play it a lot.
2.Your pc is very powerful and has enough to run dawn of fantasy well with nearly no lagspikes at all.
3.Have a powerful and stable internet connection, better if you live in north america to have the least amount of ping with all other Strike team members.
4.MSN messeger 2010-2011 able to do file transfers
5.Sign a NDA(Non-Disclosure-Agreement) that will legally bound you to not spill-the-beans with any sensitive company information or data including but not limiting to company passwords, addresses, cd keys, algorithms, etc.

This is not a paid position, although compensation would be along these lines:
1.QA Strike Team members’ Real name and username are added to ingame Credits that can be used in Resumes.

2.QA Strike team members have access to a build of the game that is not yet released to the public.

3.Public cities can be copied to Dev build, dev build offers endless resources including wealth, game speed control, season control, other cheats used for testing to make testing fast.

4.After successful assignments QA strike team member can request and aquire lots of free ingame Wealth to public server. Which can pay for future expansion packs,quest packs, stronghold packs, that could be in the thousands of wealth to purchase.

5.Actaully working with the devs close at hand, with the people who made the game.

6.Gratitude of the dev team.

7.Finaly play a less buggy game in part thanks to the QA Strike team!~ You!

8.Possibility of having a speical tag infront of your name when chat is polished:
NormalPersonName
[Dev]Joseph
[QA]You

9. The best Strike team members chosen(hopefully almost all of you) will recived free cd keys to give friends and family a free copy of the game!

Advanced Details of what you will be doing:

You will download a speical dev build with tortoise svn, http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html
This dev build has several degrees of more extreme advanced logging that will allow us to find errors in multiplayer alot easier.
The first stage of testing will enable the strongest logging, when playing someone online the game will constantly lag between both players as the game makes sure both players will form a successful dump file if the game goes out of sync.
If the game goes out of sync the game will freeze for upto 30 seconds as both player’s pcs create a 80-100mb dump file on each computer, this dumpfile will then be ziped up into a 3-5 mb file and sent to me to debug and find the out of sync error.

After out of sync is eradicated you may then help with testing all new game elements including pathfinding update, AI updates and what ever else, we will be doing this for about 2 months after which we may stop or lower the amount of members

If you are interested in joining and you are within all requirments please post here or PM Me Joseph Visscher or wait and talk to me live on GSC Chat that I am on every now and then. http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4941,
and we can then have a short interview on MSN to decide if your a applicable candidate.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 12-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

First stage we are looking for 10 new members, and GPS51 will be Lead Strike Team

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Danny Vink : 12-07-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

We will be looking to do hard work (with some fun thrown in ;) ) So this is not like winning a lotto ticket, more like being willing to do the same thing over and over to debug and find the winning error code (ok so it's like a lotto). Looking forward to meeting new team members :)
Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

depends what you mean by powerful computer. Mine is decent and the lag that happens sometimes is mostly due to....pathing and if it involves an insane amount of units commanded by me in the same time and asked to move. But otherwise I'd be interested.
edit: and get on GSC GPS, it's easier to chat there!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Eaglecrys has good reputation

I am in the same boat computer side more or less that and watching kids all day. If for some reason not enough people jump on this I would be more than happy to offer all the time I can give in any way you all would want.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Griegor Mcvennor has fair reputation

Joe,
Sent you a PM. Count me in if you will take me.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

damn i wish i could but unless you get some aussie vs aussies to test i expect some lag even with my 200mb/s internet one price of living in australia
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 PM

xxblademasterxx has a default reputation

New to game but have been playing non stop pretty good jist of the game, I have coding skills, great pc and laptop, I live in USA with highest broadband i can get in my area witch is plenty fast, no problem signing agreement and willing to do whatever you ask to make this game better. If any positions are available feel free to contact me. (also have alot of time on my hands seeing as i just had surgery on my shoulder and am off work for at least 3 months)