stronghold 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > The Pub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation
Default stronghold 3

wow.... jsut wow. Firefly have murdered a great game series. I finished downloading today and could only handle 20 mins of gameplay before having to turn it off. They have taken a game with such potential, threw it against the wall, set it on fire then violated it until it started to cut itself. The economy aspect is completely destroyed, siegfe warfare is just watching some guys with swords knock down your stone walls and food production is about building as many farms as possible so you can support more peasents to work in more farms so you can support more peasents to work in even more farms just so you can have a small amount of food in your granary 10% of the time.

I suggest keeping away from this game or killing it with fire
Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Oratory has a default reputation

I sadly have to agree. I hate seeing such a good series of game go down the drain like that. Lets just hope they have as dedicated people as reverie have to make stronghold 3 good with some time.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:14 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

stronghold crusader was the first one i played and i was stuck on it for years, iam completely disappointed in it
Old 11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games. And there I was picking up Stronghold 3 - thinking - maybe I`ll see some cool stuff - some gameplay ideas to include in DoF or our next game…
Well - let me put it mildly - I didn`t see any ideas worth “copying”. I do think I got my 50$ worth though - Stronghold 3 made me feel great about our own DoF`s release - sure DoF has bugs, but woah… at least game installs in English and not French. And we do patch like 10X more...
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games.
Never thought of that, but so true-the sieges just scream stronghold!

I haven't bought Stronghold 3, and now, I think I can safely say that I never will. Wonder why the ruined the series like that, though.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

yeah I played stronghold 1 and 2 and I used to love them.I checked reviews on stronghold 3,disaster.I checked their forums,people were dying to get their money back.And from what I heard,it's just terrible. Soldiers that can attack stone walls,wolves that can jump over the walls,etc. I understand reverie's DOF has bugs,but that's normal considering it's a small company but I never expected that from a big company like firefly. But then again big companies are start to fail even more,look at DA2.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation
Default Forum Post = Sold Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games. And there I was picking up Stronghold 3 - thinking - maybe I`ll see some cool stuff - some gameplay ideas to include in DoF or our next game…
Well - let me put it mildly - I didn`t see any ideas worth “copying”. I do think I got my 50$ worth though - Stronghold 3 made me feel great about our own DoF`s release - sure DoF has bugs, but woah… at least game installs in English and not French. And we do patch like 10X more...

Hello there, feel I should come out and say this. I was so hoping that stronghold 3 would fix the problems that firefly has been making with their sequels, such a high amount of dissappointment I came accross from finally seeing it.

I have to say though, I have been keeping my eye on DoF for a while now, and I played the closed beta/open beta, and had my doubts on whether or not the game was something truly for me.

I first had interest in DoF because it looked like the MMORTS version of stronghold that I always wanted, but I let my beta experience sort of turn me off (Discovering I couldn't design my own castle design was the major part)

But now, after realizing that all hope with firefly is just gone, I realized that DoF is quite possibly the exact game I've wanted to follow.

And I have Konstantin to thank directly, As a CEO it has a huge impact when you post in your forum about your experiences with a game, especially stating the influence that stronghold games have had on your games development. There is no greater persuasion to buy a product, than when the CEO comes out and says exactly what people have on their mind.

I definately want to support a company like this, and though I may have been a poor tester (judging a game based on it's beta performance) I feel that developers that stay in touch with their community is definately the best way to go.

Basically, this is a dramatic way of me saying, WOW the CEO likes the things I like, I wanna support you, your forum post just made me finally cop out and buy the game See you all online.

PS. that doesn't mean I didn't like beta testing the game, I just originally thought it wasn't what I was looking for, but then I realized their inspiration came from the same game, that made me want to play this in the first place, so I might want to stick around and be a supporter.

Last edited by Zackreaver : 12-02-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I was going to buy stronghold 3 as i lived stronghold 2,,, but i think i rather play dof instead.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.