Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

make knights to dismount - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation
Default make knights to dismount

I know it sounds like a funny suggestion,but I hate when you have the situation of armies with no siege getting set against fort armies and you have no melee left and the oponent garrison units in towers.It's such a game breaking specially since you can't reach them because they can just hide

Also in the same thread I want to suggest the pvp to be changed.I hate when someone without siege weapons gets put against someone with fortified camp.It should be either camps against camps,camps against army with siege or army without siege vs army without siege. If I would be prepared with siege I should have priority over camps instead of normal army.Same thing for the army without siege. It's not much of a strategy when you can end up against a type of battle where you have a huge disadvantage.At least if we knew what type of battle it was it would make sense. in reality I wouldn't engage against a fort if I don't have the necessary troops to siege a fort.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

White935 has fair reputation

an alternative could be to make it possible to build siege equipment on the battlefield no? like assemble it from your starting point. mayby make battering ram free or something so that you can -always. use a minimal siege tool.

ps: allowing units to dismound is a great idea, thought it might be hard to implement i figure.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White935 View Post
an alternative could be to make it possible to build siege equipment on the battlefield no? like assemble it from your starting point. mayby make battering ram free or something so that you can -always. use a minimal siege tool.

ps: allowing units to dismound is a great idea, thought it might be hard to implement i figure.
that too.The idea to make camp to be able to make siege engines is great,except it only works on the map and by the time you're in pvp and you realize you're against a camp,you can't do anything
Old 10-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
that too.The idea to make camp to be able to make siege engines is great,except it only works on the map and by the time you're in pvp and you realize you're against a camp,you can't do anything
Camps can make siege engines atm On the world map. i spoke of making it Ingame in PvP aslong as your armies atleast has supplies on itself. ( aka 200 wood 100 gold). From the Spawning area ( just add a tent(s) instead of a pallisade wall (for camps)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Human Sect:
Maceman

Firetongue has a default reputation

That all mounted units must be able to dismount is a fact, it might be hard to implement, yet in the long run it is a musthave thing.

But the fact that you might find someone inside of a fortified camp when you're searching for pvp, and you might not have brought any sige weapons is only you're own fault. The fact that you're opponent made sure to be ready for an eventual attack by making a fortification yet u where not ready to face a fortification is realy just though luck for you, be prepared next time you look for a fight.

But on the other hand people can now make fortified camps, then attack other players from the camp. This is ridiculous, if you fortify you're army you should not be able to attack other players, only be attacked. Or if you attack another player you're camp should be removed.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetongue View Post
That all mounted units must be able to dismount is a fact, it might be hard to implement, yet in the long run it is a musthave thing.

But the fact that you might find someone inside of a fortified camp when you're searching for pvp, and you might not have brought any sige weapons is only you're own fault. The fact that you're opponent made sure to be ready for an eventual attack by making a fortification yet u where not ready to face a fortification is realy just though luck for you, be prepared next time you look for a fight.

But on the other hand people can now make fortified camps, then attack other players from the camp. This is ridiculous, if you fortify you're army you should not be able to attack other players, only be attacked. Or if you attack another player you're camp should be removed.
hm I agree with that.If you use fortified cap or even a camp you shouldn't be able to attack others.I mean how can you att if you are in a camp?a camp wouldn't actually teleport magically near an enemy
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

Quote:

i agree with the fact, that you shouldnt be able to search for pvp with being in a camp.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Valkyrie has a default reputation

Quote:
Stop screwing with my battle tactics!!

but ye knights should be able to dismount, also if they want to mount again they have to run back to thier horses(you should make horses killable just for the lulz).