Frozen mouse cursor - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Thunderborn has a default reputation
Default Frozen mouse cursor

Game is unplayable my mouse cursor is frozen in the middle of the screen although the mouse is still working as I can move it around and click some of the screens although very hard.

My Native resolution is 2560 x 1600 I dropped it down a bunch but didnt help.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 PM

Zanderscotx has a default reputation

Just bought the game and crursor will not move on the screen. A ghost mouse is still there not visable and am still alowed to click on the start up menu options, but no mouse is visable on the screen. Re-installed twice, and am updating video card as we speak. Need advice want to get started already =)
Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 AM

Ok , after 3 hours of trying to play, I still cant..>=( .. Updated drives on video card , re-installled directx and game again, try- out 3 mouses. Nothing... The game works fine but its not displaying my mouse it is stuck on the right of the center always. I feel like the game cant read my mouse is this a bug in the instal I see Iam not the only one. Is it a windows setting am I missing somthing, this has not happen on any game or mmo ever. So Iam stumped. Is there a better way to get with tech support because this is BS.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:16 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Thunderborn has a default reputation
Default Fix for the mouse thing.

After some searching around I found out the mouse problem is because of how you set your font size. Set it to normal size and it should take care of the problem enough that you can play it. Hopefully they can fix it so you can have your fonts out of the game however you want. Since most games do I would guess this is a coding problem they didnt incorporate.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thunder - thanks for solving this for us We`ll include this in the knowledge base!

About in-game resolution, DoF right now supports 1920 x1080 at most, any resolution above that will create problems.

@ Zanderscotx - can you confirm if Thunder`s solution works for you? Simply adjust Windows Font size settings in the Control Panel and sounds like it should fix the mouse issue.

And sorry for the inconvenience guys - I know it sucks to change win settings just to play a game, we`ll aim to have a permanent solution with-in two weeks.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 PM

Yep Changing the font works like a charm.
Before I was using the mouse finder contol to get radar blips of my mouse on the screen to play.

Iam running into other small bugs, but thats normal for a MMO launch of this kind. Great support and community you all have, much better than Cryptic games. Good luck on this games succsess only wish u all had more poplicity.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Sephriem is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderborn View Post
After some searching around I found out the mouse problem is because of how you set your font size. Set it to normal size and it should take care of the problem enough that you can play it. Hopefully they can fix it so you can have your fonts out of the game however you want. Since most games do I would guess this is a coding problem they didnt incorporate.
Cool, glad we got a solution quickly. I'll add it to my stickied thread!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 PM

Sephriem is just above average reputation

A solution was found that might help you on another thread. Try changing the font size/resolution of your game and see if that works.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks Sephriem!