Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Playing units - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto
Default Playing units

You command youre army and send them to attack an hostile army comming inbound, you quickly give some orders to youre troops and then you chose to take control of 1 units wich will bring you in first person vieuw of that unit and you control all the movements/attacks of this unit. Making it stronger then its AI counterparts since you can move him to a weak spot and start slashing around. When youre unit dies or you chose to go back to youre overal command vieuw you get a 5 sec delay ( giving it a small downsize ). You will be not really aware of what happens around youre unit but you will inflict more damage where he is.
Let's not make it possible to control your uber units. Will make it too easy. ^^

just an idea i have had in my head for some time now.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Hmm, it may be too much of a stretch on RTS gaming. I know micro-management, but this is pushing it a little too far, no?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 AM

Bastiaan has a default reputation

i also think that would be very hard to do and they can better complete all of the things they want in it.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Khyron has a default reputation

This might be possible in either a mod or a later expansion. I read on these forums that the game designers were thinking of puting a customizable hero that would level up. Sadly I dont renember which thread it was in.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Im thinking Dungeon keeper
"Evil is good"

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 PM

LordSlayer has a default reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron View Post
This might be possible in either a mod or a later expansion. I read on these forums that the game designers were thinking of puting a customizable hero that would level up. Sadly I dont renember which thread it was in.
Yea it's the Legend game mode. Dev said they are probably going to make it, but it will be available as an expansion or patch released after the game. They also said that the hero you control is customizable and will be usable in real games as your hero unit. It will not be too overpowered so you don't need to make one if you don't want to.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Winterwolf00 has a default reputation

I would really like to do this, but it I don't think its going to happen. If you like killing enemies with your own sword try Mount and Blade, its a fun game.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 PM

Wolverine80 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving View Post
You command youre army and send them to attack an hostile army comming inbound, you quickly give some orders to youre troops and then you chose to take control of 1 units wich will bring you in first person vieuw of that unit and you control all the movements/attacks of this unit. Making it stronger then its AI counterparts since you can move him to a weak spot and start slashing around. When youre unit dies or you chose to go back to youre overal command vieuw you get a 5 sec delay ( giving it a small downsize ). You will be not really aware of what happens around youre unit but you will inflict more damage where he is.
Let's not make it possible to control your uber units. Will make it too easy. ^^

just an idea i have had in my head for some time now.

There is a game yet similar.of your suggested idea..called Mount & Blade.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Braveman has a default reputation

The only drawback of this is if your commander unit is as strong as a hero from dynasty warriors, then they would be overpowered and take away from the strategy element of the game.