Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

New Video Trailer - DoF Featurete # 1 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default New Video Trailer - DoF Featurete # 1

Reverie World Team proudly presents of Dawn of Fantasy`s first Feature Trailer. And the feature is - *drumroll* - Dawn of Fantasy MMORTS concept.

This trailer is the first glimpse into the world of Dawn of Fantasy. Dawn of Fantasy is scheduled for early 2008 release on Xbox360 and PC platforms.

You can download this trailer here:
http://dawnoffantasy.com/video/Trailer_XVid_219.avi
To Download, copy the link and paste it into your browser URL window.
Size: 219 mbs (we will release a small .mov version of the clip soon)
Codec XVid - http://xvid.com
Time 3.20
Old 05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Well, in future I'd recommend compressing the file. It makes the download a bit faster.

While I must say the MMO-RTS concept is interesting, the video was short on specifics. Hopefully we'll learn more in the future.

Update:
The trailer is on youtube now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVdltEQ8O4
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Ryan has disabled reputation

Thanks for uploading that video to YouTube for us Darvin. There will be more details released regarding the MMORTS concept for sure.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

jap88 has a default reputation

MMORTS is an interesting concept, and one i've been looking for for a long time. A few things with the trailer, first, the guy is talking way too much. I do get the idea that the trailer is meant to tell us more about this unique experience you get online however the voice is kind of distracting (and after the first 2 minutes annoying). Hold some of the scenes a little longer (key being a little bit), as i found that it cut in between too many scenes and although it gave you a good general idea it didn't emphasize anything in particular. Try doing some scenes without someone talking with just music and whatever it is you guys are trying to show. This is huge for me: Avoid, at all costs, showing a scene in which a person is hit by a sword, or axe, or bow, or whatever, and DOESN"T DIE. Do not leave people to stand there and hack away at each other, it looks stupid when someone gets sliced by a sword but nothing happens. It also seems that some of the scenes were used more than once (or ones very similar to them) Also i noticed a glitch in at about 2 minutes 30 seconds where the siege tower rapidly turns to the side and then realigns itself, promotional videos have to be near perfect (i'm sure you guys know that) but be sure to look over the stuff again. There isn't a "good enough" there is only good and bad. When the battering ram is knocking down the portcullis or whatever it happens to be the people at the gate are just standing there, not doing anything. Make them do SOMETHING. Also when the gate is down they causaly walk in, can they not go any faster? not my idea of storming a gate. Thats all i have to say for now, i've stuff to be doing.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I thought it was pretty great. Fantastic job.

But yes, the voice got rather annoying and a lot of stuff seemed repeated after the first two minutes.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:53 AM

artyp has a default reputation

i haven't been on the forums in a long time, so i ended up forgetting my log-in info. but here i am. back again.
i dropped out because there were very few announcements and the forums were dead for the most part.
I'm very glad to see that there's still some life in this project, and it's come such a long way!
I watched the video on YouTube and then went to go see one of the in-game trailers.
I've got one complaint. It's kinda big.
The voice acting in the cut-scenes and the writing for them were really rather terrible. Is there a reason for this?
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Urgwaine has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap88 View Post
MMORTS is an interesting concept, and one i've been looking for for a long time. A few things with the trailer, first, the guy is talking way too much. I do get the idea that the trailer is meant to tell us more about this unique experience you get online however the voice is kind of distracting (and after the first 2 minutes annoying). Hold some of the scenes a little longer (key being a little bit), as i found that it cut in between too many scenes and although it gave you a good general idea it didn't emphasize anything in particular. Try doing some scenes without someone talking with just music and whatever it is you guys are trying to show. This is huge for me: Avoid, at all costs, showing a scene in which a person is hit by a sword, or axe, or bow, or whatever, and DOESN"T DIE. Do not leave people to stand there and hack away at each other, it looks stupid when someone gets sliced by a sword but nothing happens. It also seems that some of the scenes were used more than once (or ones very similar to them) Also i noticed a glitch in at about 2 minutes 30 seconds where the siege tower rapidly turns to the side and then realigns itself, promotional videos have to be near perfect (i'm sure you guys know that) but be sure to look over the stuff again. There isn't a "good enough" there is only good and bad. When the battering ram is knocking down the portcullis or whatever it happens to be the people at the gate are just standing there, not doing anything. Make them do SOMETHING. Also when the gate is down they causaly walk in, can they not go any faster? not my idea of storming a gate. Thats all i have to say for now, i've stuff to be doing.
I agree, the Supreme Commander is a great example of a great trailer of a great game which I don't own.....

Supreme Commander Trailer
Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Ndition has a default reputation

Nice trailer
Old 05-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Urgwaine has a default reputation

The trailer is good but the phrases like "This is the fantasy you have been waiting for" sounds a bit.... not from this time. Anyway it looks cool

Oh whoops I didn't saw there was another thread for feedback, sorry
Old 05-28-2007, 04:58 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

Best Thing Yet