Stop QQing - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Adamantite40 has a default reputation
Default Stop QQing

Honestly, im sick of it. Iv seen 3 or 4 qq threads open up since beta started, about misinformation and just general bashing of Reverie. Its unnecessary. Its rude. If you got a key, be happy- you had less then a 50% chance to get one, so play the game and give them the information they need.

As for the banner at the top of the page, ya, so what, its been there for way longer then it should be, but is it really worth it to get all worked up about a bit of technically glitchery?

Another thing, if you didnt get a key, it was posted in a thread that you are GUARANTEED to be in wave 2 come this April. So stop complaining about pointless bs and wait your turn.

Critisizm is welcome, but not flaming. Know the difference.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Awww, Always open beta wave 2...

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 03-27-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

willyneo has a default reputation

I think it's cause they made us think they were giving out 4000 keys then right at handout time, it was saying only 2000 keys and the rest later. Making so many people cry. When they said there are enough keys for everyone that signed up ontime that you dont need to worry it ment I would get one. But I didn't so now I have to try and find something to tide me over.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyneo View Post
I think it's cause they made us think they were giving out 4000 keys then right at handout time, it was saying only 2000 keys and the rest later. Making so many people cry. When they said there are enough keys for everyone that signed up ontime that you dont need to worry it ment I would get one. But I didn't so now I have to try and find something to tide me over.
2000-3000 keys were planned to be handed out form the beginning. Where you got 4000 or so I don't know. But I have noticed that a lot of forumers are getting misinformation.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 AM

Sabinox has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantite40 View Post
Honestly, im sick of it. Iv seen 3 or 4 qq threads open up since beta started, about misinformation and just general bashing of Reverie. Its unnecessary. Its rude. If you got a key, be happy- you had less then a 50% chance to get one, so play the game and give them the information they need.

As for the banner at the top of the page, ya, so what, its been there for way longer then it should be, but is it really worth it to get all worked up about a bit of technically glitchery?

Another thing, if you didnt get a key, it was posted in a thread that you are GUARANTEED to be in wave 2 come this April. So stop complaining about pointless bs and wait your turn.
Nice thread...but pointless at the same time. Unfortunatly, whatever they do, dev will always have to face the community whiners. If they limit the closed beta players, whiners will whine because they can't play the game and because of this they can't help "making the game betta"(even if they use forum for random whining). If devs let many players play the game, whiners will whine because the game is crowded, will cry because they are lagging, and they will whine because they can't play the game and "making it betta'"(tho they will use the forum for random whining anyway). In conclusion, whiners will always have something to whine about, so it's better to ignore them.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:29 AM

Smikis has a default reputation

misinformation came from the fact that there is post which said that everyone who registered will be invited, im sure you can find t hat on your own so not gonna link, it was quite disheartening when seeing guys with 1 post and i say 1 post, saying they got key and are downloading with xx files left, means they had 0 posts prior to that post ;/
Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 AM

majpronin is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantite40 View Post
Honestly, im sick of it. Iv seen 3 or 4 qq threads open up since beta started, about misinformation and just general bashing of Reverie. Its unnecessary. Its rude.
First thing, i really doubt that u even know what QQ means.
Second, read this quote:
Dear Forumers,

We are happy to say that all the preparations are on time, and we are looking to invite everyone who registered to take part in the open beta test this Saturday evening - March 26th.

This is misinformation.Provided by the highest rank authority of the dev team-CEO. This makes community not happy. And community have every right to speak up about this. If there is no community behind the game- it would never start at all. Community forms up testers and later on player's base. Without them there wont be any game. Or it wont last long and simply die out without players. Which happened to AAA grade online games like Auto Assaut and Tabula Rasa.

Next thing about the banner. Imagine you are newcomer, looking for nice MMORTS game. You came to this site and what you see here? The big banner at the main page saying literally the following "DUDE YOU ARE LATE TO JOIN OUR GAME" How do you feel about this?
Think about it before posting emply crap posts with no reasoning behind them.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Valid points! I was posting that statement late at night and worded it wrong. I do admit my mistake. And the banners have been brought to our attention - we`ll take care of it today.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Orc Sect:
Slayer

willyneo has a default reputation

I remember when qq first started youd spam it to people in warcraft 3 games cause it was the short cut to quit the game ><. How it got its present meaning I don't really know. Probably because people who did qq normally raged before quting the games. That new people to warcraft thought oh it must mean rage quit in some way.

But yah there was alot of misinformation. Alot of the posts were saying almost everyone was getting a key. Actually the first one I read was when keys were already being handed out. But all the other ones saying 4k keys would be enough for everyone I've been reading for some time. I thought you guys changed your minds because your server couldnt handle the demand of a player base that big. After reading this now I know its poor communcation from within trickling out.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Chronic24 has a default reputation

everyone should chilax, if u dont get in wait a few more months and the game will be released, open beta is the last beta usually.