Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

what makes me worry about this game - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 AM

majpronin is just above average reputation
Default what makes me worry about this game

I like strategy games. Even more i like MMORTS games. I've been testing and playing almost every MMORTS title that arrives to the internet. Saga online, Shattered Galaxy, Dreamlords, Battleforge, Stronghold Kingdoms. I even played Galaxy back in the days of FIDOnet

When i first saw the video of this game i was thinking that this may be something i was realy looking for the last few months as battleforge is getting boring grindfest and Stronghold kingdoms is veeeery loooong gameplay progress. Took me 4 months to research and produce swordmen.

but now with all this strange things going around the beta worry me a lot. First thing is the famous banner at the main page about open beta and signing up to 28th of February. It is 27th of March already. And the banner is still there. Nobody care to remove it and it is misleading and demotivating newcomers. Dev team who dont care that they show outdated info at the main page of their project make me wonder if they really care abot people joining their community and the game.
Second thing. Open beta. Which turned out not to be really "open" at all. Invites to the beta send out based on some mysterious computer spec that devs need to test? Anyone care to post what is minimum spec u need for the tested to be able to join this test phase? I've been testing a lot of games and i can use several computers with varios setups frow low end to top to send out quality feedbacks on perfomance and bugs from different comp setups. And this is not called "open beta" if you pick 2k people with some specific comp settings. This is focus group test.
And what is this about- we sending out 4k keys, no we will send out 3k keys and finally we have send out 2k keys for some people picked up based on some mystical comp specs?
Your data server cant hold up more that 2k players? Just be honest to community and post about it. Dont call the test "open beta" when it is not even close to the closed beta othe games have. Your server cant hold the multiple client downloads and the d/l speed dropped to 60 kbps? Post it on torrent so everyone can contribute to d/l and share it by seeding the client at high speed.

So far the start of this project looks very much unprofessional to me. Hope it will be better over time.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 AM

TStroke has a default reputation

I agree that outdated info on the main page is unprofessional. Maybe they are still sending out new beta invites so you can still sign up? I donīt know but they should remove it or update the information.

I do hope things are still on track and we can enjoy a polished game at release.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM

System has a default reputation

There are a variety of things to take into consideration when looking at games. If a website turns you off from the gameplay... I am sorry. I understand frustrations that can be had with the way information is delivered, but honestly I would rather have them working on a game and getting it to be the best that it can be for when I get my hands on it than trying to constantly update FAQs/etc when things can change daily.

As for the front page declaring open beta... maybe this IS their open beta? If you registered by 2/28/11 you qualify, but perhaps those that weren't around at the time still have a chance to get in?

Closed and Open are terms that we see for almost all games, but they don't always mean the same things to each development cycle. Perhaps they are starting out with a smaller amount of testers, which is completely understandable, and from now until release they may continue to add more?

No offense intended to Reverie, I don't know their economic situation or their history, but with "lesser known" teams aka non-AAA games, you need to accept that at this stage of game development websites need to take a backseat relative to the game itself. They may not have a full team setup to run their website which results in team members that work on the game itself to have to take time away from that for this. I prefer to see forum participation gathering information from potential players than constantly updated websites. Never know what April will bring, hold out hope for the best and just be patient.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 AM

Artois has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStroke View Post
I agree that outdated info on the main page is unprofessional. Maybe they are still sending out new beta invites so you can still sign up? I donīt know but they should remove it or update the information.

I do hope things are still on track and we can enjoy a polished game at release.
Hope so
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Thanks for voicing your concern guys! With regard to the beta start - we are hoping to have all the issues resolved with-in a few hours, and the unfortunate download speed issue was the fault of our hosting server provider - luckily this issue is fixed once and for all.

With regard to the website promo banner - I`m really not sure what happened there, it`s suppose to announce sign-up for the 2nd wave of Open Beta - but somehow it reverted to the 1st - we`ll be sure to fix this issue on Monday once our webmaster is back.