Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Interesting Question - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM

TheDarkOne has a default reputation
Default Interesting Question

My question is, since it is an mmo that means that thousands of other people will be playing this game, so there for when i log off what is stopping some verry high ranking guy from comming along and compleatly arradicating my base while im logged off?

will your castle just dissapear when you log off or will be replaced by a high level AI player?

And the last question is when are you going to release some information on the dragons and some more gameplay i for one am begging for more info
Old 04-09-2008, 02:36 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

You know...thats a dam good question as i was wondering this too

I would assume...based of older mmo's and other similar systems...is that you'll either:

-Be completely unattackable whilst your/there logged off or
-You will be worth no points or honor or w/e and the attacking player or you will be punished for attacking you/them (then again that wont stop people)
-Your/there base will completely dissappear and be replaced with maybe some kind of "no go" zone or some kind of restriction or w/e

Or...something along those lines, i dunno.

Because it would be weird wouldnt it, for when you go to "expand" your base, all of a sudden someone logs in on the deceptively empty peace of land you want to build on... and a fortress suddenly appears from from above your 2 workers and squash lol or...you would walk into an area and it would go "You cannot build here...this spot is reserved" or something...be kinda annoying.

It it worked like that or something...you would need the world map to be absolutely MASSIVE and maybe you can only build in your factions "province" and if you try to wander in to some other province you get like...border patrol or endless spawns of guards and warning coming at you, or maybe theres actual physical preventions from you simple straying into another players territory or w/e...then again what about other players in your province...hmmmm

OH! Unless...there are forms of "instances" or "battlegrounds" that you participate in to attack other players or something

Well I simply dont know how it would/will work. If players of the same faction are automatically freindly towards each other and oppossing factions arent then...i guess that would be slightly easier but some what limit the playability

Lol well hopefully someone can reverie can help clear it up
Old 04-09-2008, 02:55 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Well as far as i know the castle will still be there but u can't attack it.

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Ummm, I'm not even sure it will even work that way. I don't think there will actually be a gigantic map with all the players on it at the same time, that seams pretty insane. It was said that your region (with all the buildings, units etc.) will carry on from one battle to the other. But I can't really say I fully understand DoF's mmo concept yet...
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Elite Member

frankein_fish is someone to look uptofrankein_fish is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
But I can't really say I fully understand DoF's mmo concept yet...
Hehe, neither can i

Welcome to the bottom of the food chain
www.rtscomunity.com
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
Diablo III---Starcraft II---Bloodline champions
Old 04-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankein_fish View Post
Hehe, neither can i
Double that - neither can I

However, I do enough to answer your question -

Your Kingdom can`t be attacked by other players if your not loged in. Also your kingdom can`t be attacked if your in a quest, or attacking another player. It is hidden from the game world in these instances.

However, your kingdom can be attacked while your units are traveling back home or to some quest location or to attack another player - so there will be instance where your Kingdom is vulnerable unless you make sure to leave some troops at home.

And there won`t be one huge world map, we have to break things down into zones - think WoW for example.