Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

When a battle starts..... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011, 08:36 AM

Lee7778747 has a default reputation
Default When a battle starts.....

How much time do you have to get your forces in the right places before the actual battle starts or is it all in real time? Like putting your battalions where you want them before you can be attacked by the defenders defenses?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

From the Trailers that i saw i assume when you setup a camp in your enemy instance and you join in you will see your soldiers getting out of the camp in real time.
So i guess you have to set your battalians in real time and you can't place them organised first before you enter the instance.
but i guess the instance is pretty big so you don't need to worry that you are getting troubles right away.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Loclear has a default reputation
Lightbulb

IMO, a good idea would be to have a trigger system you could use to tell your troops what to do if you aren't onlilne to tell them, for example

x = gate
0 = archer group 1 (on a gate)
s = swordsmen group 1
- = wall
` = empty space (otherwise the s for the swordsmen group left aligns ^^)

-------------x-------------

-------------0-------------
````````s

Okay, the example triggers could be:

When the front gate is destroyed, archer group 1 retreat to the last gate and swordsmen group 1 charge forward to delay the attackers. After 20 seconds of fighting (if the swordsmen last that long) they retreat back through the gate and wait for another trigger.

This way being attacked while you are offline (should) carry a much lesser risk of death by your AI ignoring a gaping hole in your defences.

Still, just an idea and I hope it helps in some way.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

Dracus has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loclear View Post
IMO, a good idea would be to have a trigger system you could use to tell your troops what to do if you aren't onlilne to tell them, for example

x = gate
0 = archer group 1 (on a gate)
s = swordsmen group 1
- = wall
` = empty space (otherwise the s for the swordsmen group left aligns ^^)

-------------0-------------
````````s

Okay, the example triggers could be:

When the front gate is destroyed, archer group 1 retreat to the last gate and swordsmen group 1 charge forward to delay the attackers. After 20 seconds of fighting (if the swordsmen last that long) they retreat back through the gate and wait for another trigger.

This way being attacked while you are offline (should) carry a much lesser risk of death by your AI ignoring a gaping hole in your defences.

Still, just an idea and I hope it helps in some way.
Good idea still does not apply. You cannot be attacked while offline. At best this could serve as AI scripting behavior for your squads but still I do no think the game will allow that much customization on your units Ai behavior.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:26 PM

echang has a default reputation

I think having a pseudo-Total War style setup would be nice. Something along the lines of setting up which units start where on the border of the instance would be my suggestion.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM

jasont21 has fair reputation

didnt realised you couldnt be attackled while ur offline. gd idea, but gna suck if all the close cities around you are full of people that no longer use the game in the future. will people ever have cities removed or say if they uninstall a game, what happens to there location in the 'online world' do they still stay there even tho they wont actually be playing?