Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Either "Closed Beta" or remove requirenments - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 PM

7Priest7 is just below average reputation
Default Either "Closed Beta" or remove requirenments

Open Beta... Means open to all for massive testing.
If you guys are going to be selective and require Posting, you should be honest and say closed beta.

Better yet work out the kinks in your game before wasting peoples time with a game that doesn't exist/isn't playable.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

This was random...
Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Yes, it's not truly an open beta but we're referring to it as that to greatly increase the number of testers while still restricting it to those who we feel will make quality testers.

Go ahead and sign up if you don't have ten posts. We've been letting in people with less. The posts are there to show us your dedication to the game so that when we have more sign-ups than open spots, we can give the keys to those who have already shown dedication rather than those who had never heard of the game before signing up. Having less than ten posts does not mean you cannot participate, it just means your chances are slimmer.

Quote:
Better yet work out the kinks in your game before wasting peoples time with a game that doesn't exist/isn't playable.
If this is your attitude, we'd have to ask that you don't sign up for the beta. A beta is not a demo. We are not looking for players, we are looking for testers.

As such, the game is still unpolished and the whole reason we have a beta testing period is to get new players to tell us their thoughts and report bugs. No one should sign up for a beta expecting it to be polished or a realistic representation of the finished product.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 PM

7Priest7 is just below average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
If this is your attitude, we'd have to ask that you don't sign up for the beta. A beta is not a demo. We are not looking for players, we are looking for testers.
That is true however, I was simply further hinting at my annoyance of the lie(saying it is open) and it being closed beta...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
As such, the game is still unpolished and the whole reason we have a beta testing period is to get new players to tell us their thoughts and report bugs. No one should sign up for a beta expecting it to be polished or a realistic representation of the finished product.
This is a faulty statement entirely.
I have seen many early alpha games that played flawless and I would honestly have paid for.
Beta Especially OPEN really means you have a slim chance of finding bugs but if you do take notes and try to repeat it at least once on video for future developer viewing.

EDIT: Anyhow I have no desire to test for liars as liars will likely be thief's...

Last edited by 7Priest7 : 02-01-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

master0p has a default reputation

Lol...
I am amazed the devs even answered you.
Alpha's/closed betas/open betas are just for testing no need to discuss that , its just a fact.

"Quote" Better yet work out the kinks in your game before wasting peoples time with a game that doesn't exist/isn't playable."/Quote"

And again thats the reason there are betas, getting the kinks out of a game.

Hope you learning something
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

You are nobody to tell the developers how to develop their games and the publishers how to publish them.

Please do not start flame wars on this forum, especially with them, or you will be banned.

End of story.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Closed Thread