Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

logging in and out - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Wesso has a default reputation
Default logging in and out

sorry if theres been a thread about this already, but i was just wondering how logging in and out during a battle would work.
If someone sees they losing and just quickly logs out to avoid losing, will this be allowed or will there be some sort of thing to stop this?

this game looks pretty sick, possibly the best and freshest idea iv seen for a long time, cant wait for it to come out!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

If someone pulls a stunt like that they will be charged with the loss and their opponent will get the "W".
Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
If someone pulls a stunt like that they will be charged with the loss and their opponent will get the "W".
If you disconnect (pull your internet plug) or log off or quit, you will have to pay a massive fee, possibly lose wealth and resources which goes to the victor, possibly randomly kill some of your army. When you sign back in, you'll wish you had fought to the end.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Artois has a default reputation

always a good idea, probably the people will not log out instead of fight whit this sistem
Old 01-27-2011, 04:13 PM

elcooleo248 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesso View Post
sorry if theres been a thread about this already, but i was just wondering how logging in and out during a battle would work.
If someone sees they losing and just quickly logs out to avoid losing, will this be allowed or will there be some sort of thing to stop this?

this game looks pretty sick, possibly the best and freshest idea iv seen for a long time, cant wait for it to come out!

insta-loss for them
Old 01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
daamnn. Wait so what if you loose connection with the server, will i have to pay a big fee and give up some resources....?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:47 PM

Loose Morals has a default reputation
Default dont worry

the ability to be safe while logged off is soo important that it needs to be protected, we all need sleep at least once a week.
Im happy to have a penalty like this in place to stop people abusing this system.
meby if you genuinly had a connection failure you could contact a mod or system admin and explain what happened. if they think you deserve it then they give you your stuff back.
Im sure a small log can be made at the start of a battle with force sizes. and this could make the job easier. if you were going to lose the battle anyway they just tell you "no"
Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 AM

liquidish has a default reputation

Usually when someone is disconnected they will try to log back on, and that should show up as not logging out or quitting. That is how it works in other games I have played, the disconnected doesn't get a penalty and the still connected (if this causes them to win) gets the win. I hope this is how it works, seems the most logical to me.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:24 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Dalkor has a default reputation

I asked this question in a thread awhile back, it was never answered. What about those who DC?
Old 02-01-2011, 01:19 PM

Conceive has a default reputation

Perhaps something can be put into play like... If you "disconnect" for X amount of time and come back in in Y amount of time you will not be heavily fined for the disconnect but for what ever reason and end up back online like a day later I can see that the person who stayed online and was winning should get the "w" and the recourses.

It is the internet, and connection is not perfect all the time (especially if you have time warner)