Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Differences Between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM

MOO555 has a default reputation
Default Differences Between the Xbox 360 and PC Versions

Hey i'm new here. I was just wondering what some of the major and minor differences between the PC and 360 versions will be.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Well i could guess a few obvious things here:

-No mod tools
-No map making toolz
-Reductions in graphical quality and quantity
-Much more difficult controls (meh?)

And err, the 1st 2 points is generically speaking...im sure there will be pc mod tools that "mite" be able to be cooked for PC (similar to ps3/pc cooks)

Dont want to start any wars here but...the scale the PC version will have will be much greater than the 360 in terms of graphical quality, performance, and scale in terms of how much attention to detail there will be towards smaler units, finer details and flexibilty (in a generic view)

But it terms of overall gameplay and experience, im sure there will be minimal differences...although I do reccomend you get if for the PC for simple ease of use, and RTS's are after all designed for PC's...one of the 1st ever was nearly 25 years ago hehe...good old days (before i was born but still :P)
Old 04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

the xbox will have better graphics...

mod tools for pc and worldbuilder will be coming out.

dunno about xbox though
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation

i wouldn't say better graphic because it depends are your tv and you haft to compare to a really good comptor
Old 04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Xbox has a better graphics card... unless your using a black & white TV, then it will be better...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

No...

Sorry im in no way flaming, but you couldn't be more incorrect.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 come no where near graphical power and processing power of a top of the line PC (Ł1000+ such as mine)

And you cant say it "has a better graphics card" compared to what...? lol.

If you want some Idea of what they both use...then here ya go . The PS3 uses a modified version of geforces late G80- series (just before G92). BUT you could call it a "multi developed GF8000" Which gradually its power becomes fully optimal when games come out which can utilise all of its power. Its a future proofing technique all consoles have had and will have...which technically makes them more cost effective compared to PC's because graphics just about keep up as technology advances. The 360 uses Radeon or ATI chip set, again modified and again "multi developed", games will keep up graphically as time and technology advances.

But since a PC can upgrade "physically" every single part of it every 4-8 months, then naturally a top-of-the-line PC squashes any hope of any console keeping up.

For example try getting over 200+ FPS on UT3 on a PS3 with 32 people playing online with the largest map? you cant...since its capped at 60 ish both the game by default and PS3 and 360 in general...sort of like a permanent Vsync. But as many UT3 PS3 owners will say...custom maps and graphical settings, even though slight, bog it down considerably

Both consoles do not operate on a directX level which comes anywhere near DX10 or 9.0c since it uses a different type of distinction. The G92 chip sets and new 9x series graphics cards coming out...as well as dual tri and eventually Octycore processors (6 and 8 processors) and dx10.1...I'm sorry but PC's graphics and power will always surpass a console in every way.

Lol obviously a color TV would help, but remember all "HD" is, is a substantial increase in per pixel resolution and ocular liquid crystal display quality (basically how good and expensive and reliable the LC's of the D actually are). I have a HD monitor, i can tell you it does definitely ramp up picture quality (since im on 1080p its pretty dam nice)

So in conclusion, PC will have the better graphics. Hence why crysis isn't on any consoles (yet anyway) simply too good looking and powerful + crytek said it themselves.

@ Iceblast...

That's what i said dude...i was saying there wont be any for the 360, a downloader system may be introduced though so that's one good thing for you . Wonder it it will come out for PS3 in the future...hmmmm

Sorry for going horribly off topic but it seems people dont really know the full story here.

I'm sure the 360 version will be just as great a game as the PC version will be

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-09-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:56 AM

SN1P3RSTU113 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
Xbox has a better graphics card... unless your using a black & white TV, then it will be better...
wow.... thats wrong in every way possible. unless you're using a graphics card from the 90's
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

jecjoker has a default reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOO555 View Post
Hey i'm new here. I was just wondering what some of the major and minor differences between the PC and 360 versions will be.
They will be fairly the same exept 360 version cost a bit more from what I hear. 360 may have better detail unless your PC has newer graphics which soon the new cards are comeing out and will in all likely improve PC gameplay. PC will have all modding tools though 360 wil lrequire a seperate download to mod on it though many beleave it to be better to mod on your pc then change it to your 360 which id rather just do pc easyer ocntrols and likely more hotkeys. Population will be the same for both and no shortcuts have been forseen or atleast not meantioned for hte 360 version besides the seperate modding tools.

*all misspells are due to my erg keyboard lagging*

[CENTER][B][I][FONT=Arial Black]Is it truely odd for a green lover to go blue?[/FONT][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1070/84213380.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Old 09-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

JDmino has a default reputation

I am pretty sure the interface will be different, an by quite a bit. Although I am normally wrong.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmino View Post
I am pretty sure the interface will be different, an by quite a bit. Although I am normally wrong.
Indeed, I am expecting the common analogue stick interface for the Xbox whereas with pc it will probably be shortcuts/buttons...