Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

My Thoughts on DoF - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 PM

Feweh has fair reputation
Default My Thoughts on DoF

Well, after viewing the video on Gametrailers and for some reason only hearing about this game from there i have one word.

Amazing.

Never has any game ever combined different races and brought to you a unique castle/siege system. Not to mention it's going to be on the x360 (Thank God).

Well i'm for sure picking up a copy, probably on my xbox so i can avoid the lag due to my ****ty computer.

Anyways, it's so great to finaly see a game that i've been searching for for so long.

Thank you so much.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Enchanter

Chromatism has a default reputation

We have another one!

I welcome you as a fellow adventurer in Noobiness!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Redzone has a default reputation

Here I am setting up an account on Saga and then bring up game trailers to see whats new, I see an RTS game that says its an MMO, yet has graphics similar to AOE3 and lots of units of screen. Ok what the deal, How the hell this go under everyones radar?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Seams the trailer has really managed to garner some attention, DoF needs it.

But I must say that imho the current trailer is pretty bad. Narration is just awful and overdone (I'm sorry but it is) and prevents a good number of people from taking the game seriously. Also, aside from mentioning it's a MMO the trailer makes DoF look pretty generic (humans, orcs, elves, gather resources, fight, blah, blah...). DoF, I think, deserves a better trailer that emphasizes its special features like the interesting magic system, RPG-ish unit combat values, fighting mounts, naval combat, interesting economy and magic systems etc.

I'm sorry for the criticism but I made it with the best intentions in mind. Luckily a lot of people looked beyond and gathered some more information about the game.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 04-01-2008, 05:11 PM

Redzone has a default reputation

Your right, the Human, Orc and Elf races are way too overdone. It does look like just another RTS and it could be. I was also hoping for some different looking types too, like human regional groups with a more Japanese or Persian feel to them as well. I always reserve my judgement to when I actually play the game though. None the less its caught my attention.

This game wont be taken seriously until it can prove its truely different from the crowd and that wont come until a playable aspect of the game is released.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

It'll especially stand out since it has Dragons as a faction.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang