Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

castle design and specializations/techtrees - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM

olane123 has a default reputation
Default castle design and specializations/techtrees

Hey guys

I just want to gain greater insight in to this game, due to its nature of castle attack and defence will this game allow the player to design and build their castles or will it be preset as this customization could alow for the adaptation of tactics as each castle would be unique.

also will this game utilizetech trees for upgrades and units like HOMM and disciples or will it have all units unlocked from the start.

thanks guys.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Rhino has a default reputation

Well im not sure about elves but I do know that the humans have a layout type of thing where you have to put buildings in certain places, and I have read that some orc buildings can be placed wherever you wish.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Hans has a default reputation

You have points where u can click on, to build walls and Buildings for Elvs and Humans, Orcs can build everywhere !

Its a pretty good idea cause, no one will have a OP Castles with 20 layers of walls everywhere.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:38 AM

bason has a default reputation
Default castle desing

i wonder if you cant set extra defenses like putting water arround your castle or setting secret pit holls that when enemies step on it they will fall in it or even drop boiling oil or rocks on the enemy comming to the walls
Old 01-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Th3 Mastodon has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bason View Post
i wonder if you cant set extra defenses like putting water arround your castle or setting secret pit holls that when enemies step on it they will fall in it or even drop boiling oil or rocks on the enemy comming to the walls
that would be awesome
Old 01-22-2011, 02:55 PM

DarkLord7854 has a default reputation

Quote:
+1 to that
Old 01-22-2011, 08:01 PM

atsumok has a default reputation

Quote:
This would one of the sweetest things ive seen in a game yet if they do have this
Old 01-22-2011, 08:09 PM

Arachnid has a default reputation

I think it would be awesome for environmental defense tech trees to be implemented as well.

Example: Ice map...you can set traps on frozen lakes which would result in the ice breaking under the army and falling into the ice cold water below, or for avalanches to crush waves of enemies, etc.

Volcanic maps...you'd definitely have to have the top research being one that forced the volcano to prematurely erupt resulting in reduced field of vision, movement, etc. from the ash clouds. You could aptly name it "Pompeii". Just one thing to make the game more unique and vary what could happen in each battle.