Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Castles - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2010, 04:13 AM

Commander has fair reputation
Default Castles

I couldn't find any information about castles and Keeps in this game . Could we build and improve it ? Does the Keeps of a different races will give different abilities , like defense , construction speed or something like that ? If it was already discussed , plz post a link .

Last edited by Commander : 12-14-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:20 PM

guitarist123 has a default reputation
Default ???

I have yet to see anything on castles.. if you have have played the Stronghold 2 I would hope for somthing llike that, but seeing as there are going to be loads of people on at the same time this could be hard to do.. but epic if done..
Old 01-20-2011, 01:19 AM

reddot has a default reputation

well the main thing is that no matter how its done, that it would be a working solution and way to do it... the amount of players of course will be quite limiting regarding that i think...
Old 01-22-2011, 05:45 AM

bason has a default reputation

i agree it would be realy coll stronghold style where you start from srcatch then become a huge stronghold filled with villagers,merchants and soldiers
Old 01-22-2011, 11:27 AM

StormXLR has a default reputation

i jsut hope that there wont be anything op, in that matter if something is not correctly done some castles maybe abused and become op just like in stronghold
Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 AM

Rycon has a default reputation

Building castles like stronghold 2 would be awesome.But that's a castle sim game so you cant really compare.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM

SonicMonkey has a default reputation

I can't imagine every player having their own castle. It would be a world of THOUSANDS of castles. Castles could be reserved for larger groups / alliances that have to pool together resources to build them and maintain them.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:56 PM

DarkLord7854 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycon View Post
Building castles like stronghold 2 would be awesome.But that's a castle sim game so you cant really compare.
A nice in-between would be appreciated, where you can choose to make your own but you don't necessarily gain any bonuses from it, i.e. it's be purely cosmetic
Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 PM

Overlawd has a default reputation
Default Another game for example maybe EvE?

Personally, I've just gotten back into EvE Online...Although it is refereed to as a SIM more than a MMORPG. It has alot of qualities some games don't offer, That is which the Player Owned Station...Most people that see this think, Well that is cool but easy right? Others would assume it's some HUGE difficult task that would require a person with no life, and 100 no life friends to accomplish. But CCP has done a GREAT deal with it....I personally just put mine online a few days ago, It's a base of a Command Structure, Being a Control tower, Then you anchor arrays, silo, storage containers and such around the control tower, And the tower then feeds fuel to itself and the other anchored structures to work...So you've gotta continue to feed the beast if you will.

My point after this wall-o-text is to do something like that...Stronghold 2 is it's own thing, IF they allowed that kinda of creation it would be AMAZING, But hard, But If they wanted to do it I'm sure they could. As a easy way though, You could have different Tiers of castles, That are bigger the higher Tier you get. Which then requires a more active roll in maintaining the structure. Instead of fuel, maintenance would work well I think, Maintaining walls, storage areas, living quarters. Just to name a few, But eh. Just a looooong idea
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Negthareas is on a good road to success

This is what the all-powerful Alex Walz said on this matter in the castle design suggestion thread about 10 months ago:

"
Beta testers will get to play around with the scenario design editor and who knows, maybe we'll take some fan-made strongholds, balance them up, and add them to the game.

Also, we will be revamping the wall construction. They'll still be preset, but you will have at least a dozen different formations you can build.
"

To explain... when a player is expanding his city, his gets to choose different selections on how the walls will be built, where the gates are, etc.. A player will get to choose from 12 or more wall layouts, as Alex says above. The reason it was setup this way is because the devs did not want any superfortresses that where impossible to take, which unfortunately, was one of the downsides of Strongholds.

As far as I know there are no "Castles" per se, only fortified towns and cities.