Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Destruction of your city? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 PM

SoCalDistortion has a default reputation
Default Destruction of your city?

It is my understanding that a player cannot be completely wiped out. I hope this is not the case as I rather enjoy the challenge of keeping my kingdom/empire together...The chance of being completely annihilated gives the game an edge. Kingdoms rise and fall in real life...why not have that mimicked in this game?

At the very least I hope the devs adopted a system similar to that of tribal wars---where you start anew in some far off land away from the person(s) who destroyed you?

I've searched the FAQ and see no concrete answers on this issue other than some resources can be plundered and some city buildings can be destroyed.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

Changing location should be a option for the player, having a new location everytime you lose a siege will make any form of a clan and diplomacy with other players useless
Old 07-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Well it has been stated that a player will not be destroyed completely but will simply rebuild after each siege. But not much more then this is known currently.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Orc Sect:
Beastrider

Khan kreiger will become famous soon enough
Im glad you dont get completly destroyed, first time i played evony(Just like tribal wars) iv been playing till my security was up and as soon as it was everyone kept on attacking me and it was jsut no fun and i started a new one and the same thing happened, but now i have a newer one that hasnt been hit once and im booming, so i would like it if the creators keep it as this since there will be many players and clans that will be fighting
Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 AM

SoCalDistortion has a default reputation
Default Hardcore Server?- Would be nice

Am I the only one here that would like to see complete and total destruction as a feature?- Once you are wiped out and have no survivors that can effectively found a new city, you are done.

I would urge Reverie at some point make a hard-core last man standing mode. Once one faction or kingdom reins supreme, the game ends and that particular server starts anew.

For players who don't log in for 10 days, perhaps their city breaks out into revolt. If the revolt is not squashed, the city becomes a NPC controlled kingdom that can be attacked by other real players.

I have a lot of thoughts on this but I think readers of the forum get the gist.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

It sounds like there is only going to be 1 server from what the devs have said. We have voiced a lot of ideas for a multiserver DOF world . Feel free to voice your opinion!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDistortion View Post
Am I the only one here that would like to see complete and total destruction as a feature?- Once you are wiped out and have no survivors that can effectively found a new city, you are done.

I would urge Reverie at some point make a hard-core last man standing mode. Once one faction or kingdom reins supreme, the game ends and that particular server starts anew.

For players who don't log in for 10 days, perhaps their city breaks out into revolt. If the revolt is not squashed, the city becomes a NPC controlled kingdom that can be attacked by other real players.

I have a lot of thoughts on this but I think readers of the forum get the gist.
Pretty much. What are talking about would require a lot of balancing and potential 'bullying' on servers that would turn away a lot of players. What you are suggesting is for the really hardcore market.

The second suggetion of a different mode that players who want to do that, could (this could work). But most people wont want to play what you mentioned as they would get tired of restarting there kingdom.

What you are suggesting for normal play is like playing any game and you are 20 hrs in then you get killed and you have to start the whole entire game over.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima

Last edited by Henry Martin : 07-31-2010 at 10:35 AM.