Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Suggestion thread for Fantasy Friday - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation
Default Suggestion thread for Fantasy Friday

Hey guys (and gals)! So I've noticed a ton of excellent suggestions for Fantasy Friday 'spotlights'. However, they're pretty spread out throughout the forums. So I decided I'd make (one of) Alex's job(s) easier, and make a thread where we forumulites can suggest features to be highlighted for a Fantasy Friday.

So here's my first suggestion!

I'd love to see the guild system explained and/or demonstrated for a new Fantasy Friday. I know there's a ton of interest in this subject, not to mention I'm personally very interested to know more about it.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I appreciate your suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations, but as far as guilds... it's a no-go. The reason we've been quiet on guilds and other online features is because our Reverie Online server is not yet at a state ready to show off (we can be rather picky at times). We've read through the discussions, and you can bet that we will be showcasing Guilds as soon as the time is ready.

But then again, maybe I could talk to Kon and get all of his mental notes on paper and write up a developer blog entry briefly discussing some of the features that you can expect.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Orc Sect:
Shaman

otomotopia has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
I appreciate your suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations, but as far as guilds... it's a no-go. The reason we've been quiet on guilds and other online features is because our Reverie Online server is not yet at a state ready to show off (we can be rather picky at times). We've read through the discussions, and you can bet that we will be showcasing Guilds as soon as the time is ready.

But then again, maybe I could talk to Kon and get all of his mental notes on paper and write up a developer blog entry briefly discussing some of the features that you can expect.
That would be excellent! I was expecting as such from you guys's hesitation on commenting on it, but all we want is information on what to expect conceptually, results/screens can absolutely come later.

Despite what Dev's usually think, Info is better then screens to most of us. We want to know what to expect, because those pretty screens probably don't show the clipping thats happing in the background, etc. Info is king pre-Beta, because we want to know what to expect after the basics get fixed.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation

I second the motion of having a Guild spotlight, as a matter of fact that's what I would like to see the most.

Also I'm generally for any Fantasy Friday that gives more info out on the Elves, because lets face it all the other races suck!!!

EDIT-Alex beat me to the first post!, aw well. Whenever you guys can get more info out on them would be nice.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:20 AM

Justin has a default reputation

If possible i would like to see game footage in fantasy Fridays, they are currently all screenshots but if you can do that why can't you do videos, not only would that just effect the forum but if they were on youtube (I like and I assume you like free video hosting) you would also get more publicity for the game.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If possible i would like to see game footage in fantasy Fridays, they are currently all screenshots but if you can do that why can't you do videos, not only would that just effect the forum but if they were on youtube (I like and I assume you like free video hosting) you would also get more publicity for the game.
As Alex already explained their not currently in a position to do videos as well im affraid many people have asked and been disapointed with the dicision.

Personaly i'd like to see more alone the quests routs, seeing some quest enviroment and what you can look forward when questing. That and i would like a Dev 'v' Dev fight, or tourniment!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Well we havent heard much from water combat didnt we ?=), beside that it would be nice elven range units showcase, more on magic and magic users, elven lands to build castle (as was for humans last time =P), some more from personal castle builder (how does it look and how much choices you have at building it), as said also DoF music.
Well this things came first to my mind =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

DarkMaster has fair reputation

Quote:
Also I'm generally for any Fantasy Friday that gives more info out on the Elves, because lets face it all the other races suck!!!
Except for Men.

Things I would like:
-Dev (Men) vs. Dev (Elves) vs. Dev (Orcs) For the (Human) win!
-Gameplay footage in general
-More shots of those pretty human farms (My... Preciousss...)
-More stuff about Men in general
-More stuff about castle construction
-Of course, naval combat (possibly fishing? )
-More stuff in general

Especially the last one
Old 03-24-2010, 03:20 PM

Wizaerd has a default reputation

If you're still lookig for Fantasy Friday suggestions, here's one I made in an incorrect posting yesterday:

I'm curious about the editor, and would love to see a series of articles from Reverie on the cinematic capabilities of the editor, specifically for making machinama... Has there been any type of information about this released?