Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What are you gonna name your city? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

Zeluk has a default reputation
Default What are you gonna name your city?

So as the developers here at Reverie have portrayed this game so far, when a player makes an account they are given a number of slots that they can start, delete, etc. Much like many other MMOs, but in this game their City or Homeland is the MMORTS equivalent to a MMORPG's avatar or toon.

This is just one of the many things that make me so excited about Dawn of Fantasy. Many other games do an adequate job of making you feel like your a king of your respective city or culture. But in an MMORTS such as this all the other kings around you are players. Through little tidbits of info here and there the Developers have given us an insight into what our first few hours will be like. Establishing our first stronghold and learning the ropes of our factions unique abilities and structure, while expanding and growing.

I greatly look forward to these first few hours of building my first city, even more so my first encounter with my neighbors. So I was wondering what are you guys gonna name your first Homeland? If possible what are you going to name your Hero? Since some of you may be my neighbors I'd like to hear from you!
Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

So I decided to name my city using Tolkien's Elvish language. Googling "Elivish to English Dictionary" I found a list of words from which to draw from. I came up with this:

"Fenn Athan Amar" Which roughly translates as "Threshold (to) Beyond (the) World". "To" and "The" not being listed, so I just added them with (). Which I may just group altogether like Fenn'Athan'Amar, which is probably grammatically incorrect but it looks better in my opinion.

Threshold meaning:

2 a : gate, door b (1) : end, boundary; specifically : the end of a runway (2) : the place or point of entering or beginning : outset

I chose those words because I would like to put my City on the border between the Elven realm of Bilt'Ranta Na and the Orcish lands of Thikken Dal, between the cities of Uttal Astras and Grintak. Basically, from a strategic and roleplay perspective I'm setting myself up as a Elven outpost of the forces of Uttal Astras (my Elven Account's home city, from purely a rp perspective), as the front line defense of an Orc incursion or staging area for a campaign into Thikken Dal. Also for more practical terms it gives me immediate access to the city of Uttal Astras for quests and supplies and I am in a prime position to begin my Orc Genocide!!!!

Here's a link to a map showing roughly where I plan to put my city so you can see what I'm talking about. the black "X" being where my city will be....if given the choice. All of this is just speculation on my part, I don't even know how much of a say I will be given as to where to put my city. But in the off-hand chance of my dreams coming true then all of you Orc players better be on the lookout for Elven raiders flying my banner!

Last edited by Zeluk : 03-10-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

i think my homeland will be called......i have no idea actually, ill have to think of something clever though. and as for my heroes name, no idea either lol
Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

"Nopia" would be a possible name.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

First thing that came to my mind was Lordaeron, but i will not use it cuz want to create my own. Well making names takes for me the longest time .... lul even sometimes whole day before start playing and sometimes i just delete high lvl stuff if i dont like their name. And i havent excluded Erikland yet =P. Nothing more creative came to my mind yet. If possible, i will name my hero Erik or Kire =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
First thing that came to my mind was Lordaeron, but i will not use it cuz want to create my own. Well making names takes for me the longest time .... lul even sometimes whole day before start playing and sometimes i just delete high lvl stuff if i dont like their name. And i havent excluded Erikland yet =P. Nothing more creative came to my mind yet. If possible, i will name my hero Erik or Kire =).
Oh wow... i JUST realise that kire is erik backwards im so stupid...

I think i will go for something that sounds especially fantasy.... ('We will charge the gates of ____') that is the line that you must think of when you name your city... Either that or ('We will storm the village of ___')
Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Adamantite40 has a default reputation

I personally love the idea of being able to name our heroes, it gives a destinct feel of immersion and personality to our individual games/homelands.

My first guess on a city name will probably be Kiera for the homeland, after the country in a story i made (yet to finish XD). if i could name the city too, i would name it as Nar'da, after the city the story is mainly centered around. Or maybe the other way around, but we will see

The heroe's name would most likly be Al'dorin if its male, or Sec'ralas if its female. Dont ask me why... they just seem like fitting names.

I do hope we can put special characters in the names, if not im 95% sure that alot of people wouldnt be happy if we couldnt. The ' character just gives the names a more... fantasy feel to the names, doesnt it?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Ill probably nerd it up and name it after a DnD area.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I'm not exactly sure what to call my city. I have a few ideas but I don't have a name for my human and orc cities. This raises another question to me, will we be able to name our heroes?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

No one other then the Devs know for sure. I spent quite a it of time researching Heroes and there isn't all that much concrete information on them.