Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How can We join. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation
Default How can We join.

I know you guys are not very large at this time, but after dawn of fantasy realizes I suspect you guys will be getting a lot more people. So my question is. For the kids who are still in school, and waiting on going to college to get a degree will we be allowed to join the team once we get out of college. Are we required what and whatnot? I'm asking because in the mere future if this team were still around once I finish school I myself would love to join because this is a very promising understandable team. I would like to know now so its not as hard to join as it is to join blizzard and move up the "ranking system" and not be one of those people who are underpaid thank you.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr View Post
I know you guys are not very large at this time, but after dawn of fantasy realizes I suspect you guys will be getting a lot more people. So my question is. For the kids who are still in school, and waiting on going to college to get a degree will we be allowed to join the team once we get out of college. Are we required what and whatnot? I'm asking because in the mere future if this team were still around once I finish school I myself would love to join because this is a very promising understandable team. I would like to know now so its not as hard to join as it is to join blizzard and move up the "ranking system" and not be one of those people who are underpaid thank you.
Are you on about joining reverie ? if so then they have there own site to which may be a better way of putting forward your application at.http://www.reverieworld.com/ They also are hiring there so all the best if thats what you were after
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
I would like to know now so its not as hard to join as it is to join blizzard and move up the "ranking system" and not be one of those people who are underpaid thank you.
There is a bit of a ranking system. We've been more or less an independent developer for the past eight years, so we haven't had a steady income and we can't afford to pay everyone right off the bat. So typically, new designers will start off in a trial internship that is unpaid and the qualified interns have a chance to become full designers within a couple months, at which point they will start getting paid.

Higher education always looks nice, but it isn't required. The main thing we look for is experience. This may change when/if we choose to develop a second title, but for now you can apply as soon as a position is open and you have some related experience. We also have a couple developers who work part-time while attending university.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Walz View Post
Higher education always looks nice, but it isn't required. The main thing we look for is experience. This may change when/if we choose to develop a second title, but for now you can apply as soon as a position is open and you have some related experience. We also have a couple developers who work part-time while attending university.
I am relying on Higher Education in order to get most of my experience...
I May have to rethink my future at this rate though, their thinking about kicking me off course because I'm too lazy to do the homework, I hate documentation!!

I will keep this in mind though, hopefully there may be an opening in the future, The free working wouldnt be a problem for a while really as it would be a privilege to work alongside such talented people and really the experience and knowledge gained is payment enough
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr has a default reputation

What do you mean by experience? do you mean have we done any sort of design or modding of a game before? to tell you the truth i did design for a couple years back in Age of Mythology and i made some pretty fun maps based on what people said I'm gonna try to learn the warcraft 3 editor as of now and i have worked with many people through out my childhood. when ever i do finish my education will probbie be in a couple years I'm just asking if i apply will you guys hire or do we need like any requirements. I'm only a freshmen in high school but i have some experience with map design and designer teams as a hole. i do plan to design maps in dof through.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr View Post
What do you mean by experience? do you mean have we done any sort of design or modding of a game before? to tell you the truth i did design for a couple years back in Age of Mythology and i made some pretty fun maps based on what people said I'm gonna try to learn the warcraft 3 editor as of now and i have worked with many people through out my childhood. when ever i do finish my education will probbie be in a couple years I'm just asking if i apply will you guys hire or do we need like any requirements. I'm only a freshmen in high school but i have some experience with map design and designer teams as a hole. i do plan to design maps in dof through.
well if your a freshman in high school you might not even be old enough to work and be hired by someone legally. ( at least in the Unites States you have to be 16 to get a job, 15 with a workers permit and permission from your school, saying you can do both without falling behind on grades )im a juniour btw.
also i am really interested in Modeling ( not sure the proper term for it but like designing shapes of cars, and people, and a bunch of stuff ). at my old high school, they had a gaming class which i really wanted to take, but never got to, but i did take a tech class wich had this 3-D shape editor thing, ( not sure what it was called, somehting similiart to 3D max, but not nearly as powerful or in depth ). and thats when i got interested in it. granted i only designed basic shapes like squares with holes cut through them, and then as a final project i made some really sweet looking rims for a car, i even added moving spinners.
so what im stateing/ asking is wether or not there is a specific field in the gameing industry for that? and what is it called?, and if there is, does it require years of college/education? and is it a needed field, like are companies hireing a lot of them?