Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Diplomacy - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 02:33 PM

slamelov has a default reputation
Default Diplomacy

I would like a great diplomacy system and not only "war and peace" options. May be some bar which changes with your attitudes, the bar tendence defines the AI reaction to the player.

Also, I would like a good economic system and not only a resource manager.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

If I remember correctly, they are planning to make diplomacy a bit more advanced.

Not sure about economy though.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:50 PM

slamelov has a default reputation

Great. Any link with information about that?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Sadly, no, feel free to look around the forums though.

Maybe you'll find something of interest.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

In the grim past of DoF there is only war (no diplomacy).
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

The economy system seems like it can be quite complex and full of micro if you want to maximize the amount of resources you want to get. There are several ways to get each type of resource.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamelov View Post
I would like a great diplomacy system and not only "war and peace" options. May be some bar which changes with your attitudes, the bar tendence defines the AI reaction to the player.
That system was basically the diplomacy system in Sins of a Solar Empire. It was good for the first hour or so of gameplay, then it got boring and people turned "locked teams" on to disable it. You need quite a bit more depth than that to make it interesting, like why an attitude changes over time.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
That system was basically the diplomacy system in Sins of a Solar Empire. It was good for the first hour or so of gameplay, then it got boring and people turned "locked teams" on to disable it. You need quite a bit more depth than that to make it interesting, like why an attitude changes over time.
Sins, I miss that game pre 1.03 or so. multiplayer anyway. The AI in that game was atrocious, so easy to exploit it. My favorite was sitting your fleet where they jump in, you killed a few then they'd all turn around and try to jump out but the AI almost always used group jump at that point so you pick off most of their fleet, was so sad.

As far as diplomacy yeah - it needs to either be zero diplomacy and fixed teams or something very advanced, one thing I recall about multiplayer however is that all matches in DoF will start out as a free for all, wish I could remember where I read that, was from one of the devs, may have been on DoFheaven, that and if it's still the case. I would think certain scenarios would require people starting together though.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 PM

ShadowyMoon has a default reputation

Am I the only one who got Jean's joke? Either way, I'm sure the MMO mode will have a pretty good diplomacy system. (Or at least it should).
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowyMoon View Post
Am I the only one who got Jean's joke? Either way, I'm sure the MMO mode will have a pretty good diplomacy system. (Or at least it should).
A very obvious play on in the "In the grim darkness of the future there is only WAR" that is the hallmark of Warhammer 40,000.

Honestly for player versus player I don't see a need for a 'diplomacy' system unless it interacts with other mechanics designed with it in mind.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 10-13-2009 at 12:15 AM.