Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Maps and Terrains
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Rather than giving those on high ground a bonus, why not give those on low ground a penalty?

If the attacker has an offensive (range or damage) bonus, there is no imperative on the defender to move to another position; by the time this is achieved, they will be dead anyways due to the damage bonus. You're better off returning fire to kill some of the attackers and reduce their damage output that way. Alternately, giving a defensive boost makes returning fire an impractical response, and makes moving your army's position (a more tactically interesting and realistic response) the imperative.

As for what environments we may see, we've seen forest, swamp, and desert environments in various screenshots. I hope, like WKoA, that we see snowy environments. Tropical environments would also be nice. Beyond that, more important than many types of environments is many permutations of them. It's the variation from one battlefield to the next that makes matters interesting. As a mapper, I'm looking forward to seeing what can be done to make interesting map designs.

Last edited by Darvin : 10-06-2008 at 04:03 PM.