Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Concern List
Thread: Concern List
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
...and if you do have a custom game mode, then there will definitely be skirmish-style matches held using that feature.
And we though we had original thinking here...

Darvin,

I have to apologies, I have a bad habit of trying not to give out too much. When I said we`ll most likely have to avoid having skirmish as a second primary online mode - to save players for MMORTS, I didn`t mention anything about custom scenario play.

We have big plans for this feature, including fully supported online scenario developing community, with fan made scenarios available for download and play right in the main Online lobby.

These fan scenario will surely future quite a few skirmish play scenarios - as it`s easier to make a plain map, than some online RPG scenario, and we on our end will supply a good number of skirmish maps once we ship the game.

This way all these who really want/need to have a skirmish match will have this option available to them. Without the expense of diverting casual players away from MMORTS.

Of-course, if in the future the game does manage to sell well, and we get a large player base, we`d be able to release a patch with a flashing sign - "To play skirmish mode - go here."