Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Okies, seriously..
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

From reading this topic, it appears if everyone is getting confused with what others are saying. No-one here has a problem with waiting for a finished game, but some (including myself) believe that without marketing the product then no matter how good it is it will only have a small fanbase. As Reverie/DoF doesn't have an instant following like other games/developers it means they actually need to sell the product-a game like Gears of War 2 could do no advertisement and would still outsell practically every other Xbox360 game out there. Why? Well because it already has followers from the previous and its developers.
Without the proper marketing strategies, not enough hype over the game will be generated and no-one will know it exists. Normally a lot of people I know, know exactly when games are scheduled for release-none of my friends have even heard of the game. The only reason I know is from talking to JBV a long, long, long time ago about it.
It's not so much that people want new, flash screenshots-it's that they want new updates to get the game out there and bring in more fans. The forums are dead from when I first joined, as no-one has anything to talk about since the talk of dragons being removed.