Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Additional Races
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM

Zer0honor has a default reputation
Default Additional Races

Hello I'm new to the forums, and this topic has probably been brought up before but I figured I would share my thoughts.

I feel as though three races is awesome, but lacks a diversity of a real fantasy world. I understand putting Goblins in with Orc, that made sense along with ogres. I would like to see gnome's, the undead, or even a drow race. There are tons of Fantasy races and I feel the three provided only scratch the surface of the fantasy realm.

For NPC races I would love to see Giants/titans, and elementals/archons with magical properties based on their element. Creating these would give you the ability of having a very high level content NPC that players can fight and challenge their abilities to command troops well enough to kill them. I don't suggest making these NPC's travel in groups, I would suggest 1 of them with extremely high hit points, defense, and abilities that match a full 60 battalion army. I do understand that you would need to find a way to make money on this idea, so you could even come up with units that are stronger versus them in the shop, but not powerful enough to make a 60 battalion army of them and guarantee a win.

New units possibilities could be things like paladins/black knights/etc, a unit that gives a trickle heal to all nearby units, thus in combat allowing more survivability against the Giants/titans, and elementals. If that doesn't work then try making more spell casters, a ranged unit that can daze/stun, freeze, or even Hex enemies to lower defenses for a short time. I understand that some of these ideas might be too powerful for pvp and would need to be well thought out as to what can counter them to balance the equation. Spell casters can easily be countered by Archer units, and paladins should be able to be countered by spell casters. It goes back to the ol' triangle...Magic hurts melee, melee hurts range, range hurts magic.

I appreciate anyone who reads this spending time considering and thinking about what I have typed. So far I've been having a blast playing, and love the concept of the game in general. I hope you expand on it, cause in fantasy there is no boundaries.