Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Units stuck in green shadow every time
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 AM

Nobodave has a default reputation

a) Wasn't it a "Greenlight" game? Those are mostly games being developed by small indie teams

b) Small indie teams, just like huge mainstream devs, can make mistakes. Consider the massive pile of stinking FAIL that is "Sim City" (worst pathfinding ever, zero challenge, many features not working for large cities), or take a look at what state some of the Gothic RPGs were released in, etc.

Releasing anything - even the tiniest update to localization - is always inherently dangerous.

So it was possibly a bad decision by the dev team to patch DOF on a Friday and then leave the board unattended over the weekend, and I hope they learn from the mistake. (MONDAY, guys, One releases patches on MONDAYS because then your developers and customer support guys will actually be at work when things start exploding.)

... but one can overdo it with the criticism. I've spent more money on far worse games, numerous times, including uh "Agrar Simulator" (cheap bull**** ripoff of Farming Simulator), Mass Effect 3 (an hour of non-interruptible waffling followed by 10 minutes of combat followed by more waffling), I even nearly bought the new Aliens shooter.

c) Since this bug is all over the forum, I expect the devs are already trying to find and fix it. I'm kinda hoping for an update before the weekend ... only that would go against a "NO UPDATES ON FRIDAY" policy