Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Repeated bluescreens
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM

SHCScratch has a default reputation

Attached is one of the mini-dumps. I had a friend of mine remote onto my machine. He knows a lot more about this stuff than I do these days :-).

His conclusion, after looking at the dump file with the viewer that Hulu recommended, was that it definitely wasn't the DDR3 memory but was the graphics card(s) even though it(they) should comfortably exceed the game's requirements. He then spanked the graphics card as hard as he could using FurMark, which demonstrated no problems.

Given that I have the latest nvidia driver and that I'd had a grand total of 17 BSODs in the last year (four of which occurred last night) he concluded that "it's the game". So we set all graphics options to the lowest possible.

So far so good.

But it does suggest something griebly with how the game plays with this nvidia card.

Thanks for your help Hulu. I am going the "old school route", slowly upping the graphics settings to see if I can find out what trips it.

EDIT: Not attached. When I try to upload the file it errors with "invalid file". Anyway, I think the rest probably stands :-).

Last edited by SHCScratch : 04-17-2013 at 01:37 PM.