Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Windowed Mode
Thread: Windowed Mode
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

Thank you very much for the precise technical reply, dear tech-support jester ( ).

You also took the time and trouble to answer on the Steam forum. Allow me to reproduce here my reply to your post (from my dad's Steam account) :

" Since it is so, Jester (thanks for your technical reply), why was such a pseudo-windowed mode offered in a patch, a few days after the Steam release ?

When I launch the game from Steam, I initially get the option of playing the game in fullscreen or windowed mode. In my case, on a 25-inch monitor with a native resolution of 1920 x 1200, the "fullscreen windowed mode" apparently produces nothing different than the fullscreen mode, except in one single respect, which happens to be a disadvantage :

In fullscreen mode, I can easily minimize the game with the alt-tab command and then easily restore it by clicking on its taskbar icon. In the new pseudo-windowed mode, the alt-tab command does not minimize the game. There is perhaps a way to minimize it, but I do not know it.

What a strange "windowed" mode : it leaves me stuck with a full game-screen with which I can do nothing special that would qualify it as being a "window" ! "

I do not wish to harass you very busy tech-support wizards (a promotion from "jester" ) with the windowed-mode issue, since you guys cannot do anything about it, but if you happen to think about it, please pass around to the proper authorities my perplexed complaint about the "fake" windowed mode I am currently being offered.

Last edited by Altariel : 04-14-2013 at 04:15 PM.