Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Windowed Mode
Thread: Windowed Mode
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Elven Sect:
Sentry

Altariel has a default reputation

It did not work for me.

My desktop is usually at 1920 x 1200 (with a 25-inch monitor).

After editing the "WindowMode type" line from 0 to 1, I edited the resolution value with notepad down to 1600 x 900. Instead, I got a very small "lower (fullscreen)" pseudo-window, stuck in the upper-left corner of my big desktop. I cannot estimate its resolution, but it occupied somewhat less than 10% of my screen, much lower than a 1600 x 900 window (which I successfully use in other games). And even though the game's special cursor appeared when I moved the mouse in that small "window", clicking there had no effect : I had to exit the game by using the Windows Task Manager.

By the way, if I only change the first value ("WindowMode type") from 0 to 1 and leave the second value (resolution) at 1920 x 1200, as you suggest, I still get the same size of small rectangular window (in the upper-left corner of the monitor's screen) !?

I might as well stick with the 1920 x 1200 fullscreen mode, which I can easily minimize with the alt-tab command. I cannot minimize the game when I select the windowed mode, when launching the game from Steam (without any notepad editing) !?

But I would like to have a 1600 x 900 window that "should free up some real estate on [my] screen". Can't you guys offer a normal windowed mode, with borders (and the possibility of moving the window around on the desktop) ?

That is how I can play Shogun 2 and Might and Magic Heroes VI , for example : in easily moved and minimized 1600 x 900 windows on a 1920 x 1200 desktop.

Last edited by Altariel : 04-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.