Lets also get through these instructions here, most likely it`ll fix it for you:
1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DoF.exe as exception
3) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555
4) Try getting the latest .Net Framework For Desktop - http://www.microsoft.com/net/download
5) Uninstall the game on Steam (delete local files), and re-download
Deleting Local Saved Data File
This is a slightly more complicated solution to try next
1) Click on the organizer button in any folder. And select Folder and Search options. Go to view, and under Hidden Files and Folders, or Drives - click show hidden files.
2) Now navigate to C:/users/YOUR USERNAME/AppData/local/DoF/
3) In that file, locate and delete file called local_saved_data