Originally Posted by Sovelis
I've done so but was hoping to see if any other players have any similar experiences
I was also having this issue, for what its worth I found the following allowed me to run the game:
1) Go to your steam directory ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of Fantasy
2) Alter the properties of Dof.exe
3) Compatibility Tab Check "Run this program as an administrator" and also check compatibility mode for "Windows 7"
4) An error box does seem to pop up upon launch which reads as follows:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
- Pure virtual function call
Note: If you do NOT close this error window the game will launch and seems to work fine. If you do close the error the game will crash.
*NOTE* I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 8 gigs ram, GTX 470 Tri Monitor system.
I hope this helps someone... perhaps even will give the devs some clue as to what is causing this. In any case just wanted to offer it as assistance.