Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Sorry but im done with DoF
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Regards Balance, my main army have str of almost 2500 mainly composed by lev 20 troops and 2royal dragons , but i have also army of str 1000 600 etc.

At lev 20 my normal troops maybe 12-15x can hold a dragon of medium lev 30-40 but at low levels read troops lev 5/12, i noticed that even a dragon lev 7 can kill 20 troops, becouse the fire dmg is the same from lev 1 to 60, it seams to not scale with levels.

fireball one shoot at lev 1 as at lev 60. (archers for example) so for army composed mainly by lev 5-12 troops. of strenght lets say 500?600? a single royal dragon even lev 25. is completely Op, becouse at that level the normal troops/heroes not have enought stats for fight a dragon And since dragon is faster and have a lot of range there i no way to play "smart" and try to avoid his fireballs.

Anybody who played a mmorp know that who have more speed and range dictate the term of the engagement, is called Kiting. (The act of kiting, is a combat tactic of a player keeping another player at a certain distance, usually out of melee distance but within ranged attack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS51 View Post
The more thorough balance posts that are made the more the team can be adjusting the better fixing the balance of the game (IE, I hate this game cuz of xyz unit, is not helpful)
I agree. i not hate dragons i have like 10 of them i am merely talking about mathematics balancement.

At equal cost right now there is no other unit in game (even at lev 20 ) that take 10 slots that can counter a dragon( except for heroes wich are another issue to limit in numbers..) . since dragons not have weakness, is a jolly unit. this is why it need to be limited in number, have 1 jolly unit is OK. have an army composed of jolly unit is another. It ruin any chance to play this game with some tactics.

Last edited by vicious666 : 03-08-2013 at 03:28 AM.