Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko
I`m including the steps for you to make it work. This is an extremely rare issue that will be resolved in time for Steam.
1) Uninstall the game one more time. But - after it`s done uninstalling navigate to the installation folder - and if you see any files left there - delete all of them
2) Now we need to remove temp updater files:
- Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
- Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:
Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Applicatio..._in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/...windows-vista/
- There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.
3) Restart your computer
4) Now install the game again, and it should work just fine.
Thanks for the prompt answer. This solved the problem, and it started back up fine. I'm sure you guys must be exhausted answering all these issues, but it is an awesome thing, the support here.