So Updater basically crashes once you enter the CD key? If so try the following steps
1) make sure you restart the computer - if you haven`t this could cause that.
2) Disable Anti Virus and Firewall - and if that works set DofUpdater.exe as exception
3) When you start the updater, try to right click - and Start as Administrator (or Run as Administrator)
4) Try installing C runtime libraries. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555
5) Try getting the latest .Net Framework (free download, just google it)
6) Lets try uninstall one more time, but this time also removing temp updater files:
a.) Go to your user directory (C:\Users\Your User Name Here) with 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' enabled (see here for details), the folder AppData should appear.
b.) Navigate from your user directory to AppData, and then to Local. For more instruction, see:
Windows 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCXZdOf06Y
Windows XP: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Applicatio..._in_windows_xp
Windows Vista: http://techqa.wordpress.com/2008/08/...windows-vista/
c.) There should be a folder named DoFUpdater there, delete it.