Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Interested in the game, noob questions
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Welcome to Dawn of Fantasy.

You are under wrongful assumption about how Dawn of Fantasy world map locations works with regard to player towns. DoF doesn`t show actual player towns on the world map, taking entirely different approach - it`s user friendly, quicker and makes for PvP battles always being fare. This is not like Stronghold Kingdoms or other browser MMORTS games - that didn`t have real-time combat, so that approach was impossible with DoF.

I`ll let somebody else comment on the cash shop, but as for matching armies/town by strength - our system always creates a fair battle situation. So you will only engage and get attacked by forces similar to your army or town. It`s always a matter of skill and not unfair advantage in numbers.

As design director I drew my inspiration from Stronghold and Total War games (as well as Age of Empires) - so you will love the sieges and there is also singleplayer game mode - Kingdom Wars, that`s a copy of simplified Total War gameplay. Although it`s rough around the edges as we mostly focus on Online Kigndom - MMORTS part of the game.

And battles are hectic, sometimes difficult to control and pathfinding is horrific (ok well maybe not that bad, but my opinion is negatively biased) - but still it`s a lot of fun, and if you could tolerate Stronghold 2 and 3 - things are much, much better And our team is constantly working on the game releasing at least one patch every week - so controls and pathfinding should be improved in the coming weeks.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 12-21-2012 at 10:30 AM.