Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Balance Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

BALANCE :

Fondamental :
1) HEAL ABILITY IN PVP :
Make heal ability work in pvp also (i mean vs players) attack is already problematic we usually start at similar level of strenght, except that defender have : higher position +walls+extra artillery/oil/traps
+ defender can build units (if he have resource) like knights even lev 1 just for block entrance points by putting them on "hold position! allowing his archers-trebuch to dmg you.
also becouse many units like knights lose pretty much 70% of theyr value (they have 2 heal ability and none work )

i dont know if this is a bug or is a choice. (bad choice if is)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) DRAGONS LIMIT:
With an army of dragons 4-5 you can "fly" into the enemy central court yard, kill all in, and win the siege, avoiding all the strategy and the sense to develop a city etc etc, good for farm renown, for not talk how is easy with dragons spam range attack and insta-splash groups of 40-50 archers.

Balance suggestion: Not more than 1 dragon for each
type is allowed in any army /city, or 2 dragon max.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPC SIEGE NOT A CHALLENGE
2) Make more higher level city, with my army of lev 10+ warrior i can easly enter any npc city with 16x troops with 80% slash 50% pierce res, and annichilate anything together with some area healing, all castle except for the structure, are pretty much same, once you have 60 troops lev 10+ you steamroll them. so you need imho to upgrade the levels or make some castle very hard, with npc lev 20-30-40 etc. (not all 11 or 20 )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) QUEST ARE TOO EASY
The quest you receive from the small camp outside your city, are always the same and vs very low level npc lev 1-4, with a dragon lev 1 can SOLO ALONE the entire quest, wich is cool for start, but when you have troops able just to charge them carelessy, become boring

Suggestion:
1) Give more mission option such as levels, easy, medium hard extreme etc
2) Make quest adjust confirmly to your army STR
3) Make more quest simply (alre always 2,, the small city and the open field after a bit become boring

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

GAMEPLAY SUGGESTION:
1a) Make alliance in game work plz.
1b) Make allies heal work also on ally unit, i sended a dragon to help my friend during a siege and he was unable to heal it
2) Give common "warrior" some ability, or simply knight our tank/dmg/utility them and they have no sense
3) Give Halbard more dmg/hp, they are useless right now they should be counter to cavalry right now they get trampled.
4) Make elf ballista use wood instead stone
5)Add more co-op options, like co siege vs 1 player wich can call for a friend, open map co-op will be nice also.
6) Make a total pvp map
7) Make ppl wich form an alliance nominate a king
8) Make ppl able to chose a COLOR, orange black red green etc, for theyr army and maybe some banners will be cool. easy to do. just re-color the current army, and use the current banner with another texture
9) Make possible Rename HERO but even units, is hard to find your lev 10 knight who where almost to level up in middle of another 10, only way is enter in city and click them 1 by 1, but if you can name them......
10) Make a sort of player market, ability to sell resource and units also!

NEW FACTIONS:

Dark elf (take current elf make darker make drake-knights like in warhammer fantasy)
Undead (ok will be a lot of graphics work but new castle new map zone? new units? )
Dwarfs (cmon they pretty much already exist -.- you have only to make 2-3 other units)

BUG: To FIX:
1)VERY IMPORTANT :Fix the lost of skill point assignation. is very frustrating re-assign all every time you re log in
2) Fix the npc mission (the one near your base in the small accampment) it happens that after you take the quest, the quest text remain, and you cant do anything anymore you force to re-log
3) Fix the laggy pathfiding
4) Fix the fact that if you in war with a city, but you received a mission in that city, you cant anymore enter and talk with the guy inside for continue the quest.

Last edited by vicious666 : 05-29-2012 at 02:05 AM.