Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - French and German fan-translators wanted!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Developer - Lua Coding

Brian Shingles is on a good road to success

Hey Lloyd Shade,

Thank you for your interest in helping to improve Dawn of Fantasy, we do appreciate it.

The positions mentioned in this thread were for translating marketing materials to go to non-English websites, not for translating in-game text.

The in-game text was translated by translation companies hired by our ex-publisher and as we have no fluent French speakers in our small team we were unable to verify the accuracy (or retention of flavour and nuance) of the translations.

Any text added since our split with our ex-publisher has either been translated using tools such as Google translate (if it was a small amount of text) or left untranslated (like the tutorials).

I know you're offering to do more, but as a start, if you'd like, we can give you the text for the tutorials to translate into French and go from there.

Quote:
I don't need, nor seek any kind of reward.
That's good because we don't have the money to pay current staff let alone anyone new, although, we might give some in-game Influence as a token of our appreciation.