Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Advertising Dawn of Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:09 AM

GamersHeroes has a default reputation

I can see a few ways you guys can generate more interest in your game

You're already giving out keys etc for Influence points, but to players not aware of the game, these aren't much use. Why not give out 1000 keys that allow for a short intro of the game?

Another way is to get other websites to review your game, I work for an MMO directory and would be happy to add this to their listings, do you guys offer any kind of affiliate scheme? Offering say %5 if someone buys the game after coming from their website, or something along those lines. I also have my own gaming website, gamersheroes.com We don't have huge traffic, we've had 6 million views since we launched in October 2010 but I'd be happy to write a review up on there once I've played some more of the game.

Another thing is optimizing the homepage for SEO as at the moment, you don't have H1/H2 tags or a meta description. You guys already rank well for things like "Fantasy MMORTS" but branching out to other keywords may help.

I've been playing a few days, the game has its obvious issues but it's got a lot going for it. I've played over 80 browser-based RTS games (not by choice, for work ), which is the main revenue for RTS games atm, and Dawn of Fantasy (although client based) is in another league altogether. Nothing worse than seeing a great game attract less attention than it deserves