Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Modding Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Freelancer

Alexander Flegler has good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Thanks for posting this matter in general discussion. Remember, the whole point of having a forum is that many people share your questions, and can benefit equally from the answer.

I'm very curious about how the map editor will work, but it's one of those things that you can't fully understand the specifics of it until you've had a hands on experience.

One specific question I do have is what support the editor will provide to creating custom spells and special abilities for units? How easy will it be to modify an existing spell/ability, or create an entirely new one?
We recently made a huge overhaul to the ingame scripting system for units... before it didn't take necessarily more time to create a new spell or what ever but it was rather messy compared to the new organized way. Due to our scripting language LUA (it's also used in other games as well) we and of course you modders have nearly infinite possibilities to create mods and other creative content, everything is possible from Eco Simulation to Diablo style RPG.

Once you've learned the scripting language it will take you only 5 minutes to include a new spell or special ability (without new graphics of course).