Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Why this game has low pop.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 04:11 AM

crazedwombat has a default reputation
Default Why this game has low pop.

I can't believe you guys are charging for the game AND have a cash shop in the game.

I never would've played had it not been for the free client, i really believe you'd make more money and draw much more population if you just made the client free for good.

On a side note, i would've been fairly angry had i payed $30 for the client as well because of the bugs i've encountered. They aren't anything game breaking, but they are irritating and something i'd expect in a free client, but not in a pay client.

For example, my humans not wanting to butcher animals even though they are set to ready to butcher, and the humans are idle standing right next to them set to butcher task.. units getting stuck on geometry with no escape.. average income staying the same until relog even though all the workers were retasked... etc...

PVP: why is there a protection timer at all if you can only fight people at your same level of development? as long as both players are equally noob, there shouldn't be any timer at all period.

I don't want to include anything else in my rant as i don't want to take away from the VITAL problem i have, and that is the costly client. You are missing out on a huge population by charging the fee for the client, at LEAST make like a 30 day free trial. The demographic this game is targeting is unlikely to be ok paying for a client and then being expected to pay for stuff in the game also..

P2P or F2P, NOT BOTH, IT'S A TERRIBLE BUSINESS MODEL!