Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - stronghold 3
Thread: stronghold 3
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Zackreaver has fair reputation
Default Forum Post = Sold Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I`ve played every single Firefly game - and I think that shows in some of Dawn of Fantasy`s design - we were definitely influenced by Stronghold games. And there I was picking up Stronghold 3 - thinking - maybe I`ll see some cool stuff - some gameplay ideas to include in DoF or our next game…
Well - let me put it mildly - I didn`t see any ideas worth “copying”. I do think I got my 50$ worth though - Stronghold 3 made me feel great about our own DoF`s release - sure DoF has bugs, but woah… at least game installs in English and not French. And we do patch like 10X more...

Hello there, feel I should come out and say this. I was so hoping that stronghold 3 would fix the problems that firefly has been making with their sequels, such a high amount of dissappointment I came accross from finally seeing it.

I have to say though, I have been keeping my eye on DoF for a while now, and I played the closed beta/open beta, and had my doubts on whether or not the game was something truly for me.

I first had interest in DoF because it looked like the MMORTS version of stronghold that I always wanted, but I let my beta experience sort of turn me off (Discovering I couldn't design my own castle design was the major part)

But now, after realizing that all hope with firefly is just gone, I realized that DoF is quite possibly the exact game I've wanted to follow.

And I have Konstantin to thank directly, As a CEO it has a huge impact when you post in your forum about your experiences with a game, especially stating the influence that stronghold games have had on your games development. There is no greater persuasion to buy a product, than when the CEO comes out and says exactly what people have on their mind.

I definately want to support a company like this, and though I may have been a poor tester (judging a game based on it's beta performance) I feel that developers that stay in touch with their community is definately the best way to go.

Basically, this is a dramatic way of me saying, WOW the CEO likes the things I like, I wanna support you, your forum post just made me finally cop out and buy the game See you all online.

PS. that doesn't mean I didn't like beta testing the game, I just originally thought it wasn't what I was looking for, but then I realized their inspiration came from the same game, that made me want to play this in the first place, so I might want to stick around and be a supporter.

Last edited by Zackreaver : 12-02-2011 at 09:20 PM.