Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Dawn of Fantasy Goes Indie
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

I appreciate your opinion, but I believe you might be misinformed. We've been more than sufficiently compensating those who have reported losses due to game bugs or crashes and have released 20 patches to fix reported bugs (what other studio can say that?). As for taking Thanksgiving off... I'm not sure where you're getting this from either. Reverie is a Canadian studio - Canadian Thanksgiving is in October, not November. Yet, we still wanted all of our American fans to have a fun Thanksgiving so we all put in extra hours to offer a free promo event. As for the split, you can take it however you want. It did set us back, I'm not going to lie but we hope to sign with a more reliable publisher in the near future.

As for claims of ignoring the community, know this - the devs are not getting paid any time soon. We're doing this because it's our passion and we've come to really like this studio. But for our actual profits, the bulk is going to paying for the server and third party advertising. The average employer's probably gotten paid 1/3 of what they're owed for several years of work. We're all struggling and most of us have second jobs just to make ends meet, which is why we haven't been able to be quite as active and are really hoping that our work will began to pay off shortly, but we're still dedicated to providing a very affordable experience. If you don't like the game, so be it, but please do not take it out on the studio.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 12-02-2011 at 02:43 PM.