Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Having trouble installing/starting DoF? READ THIS FIRST!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 PM

BeondXpectations has a default reputation

OK. Here is my problem starting the game...

I get through the file updates, through the two company logo videos, and to the DOF title page with the castle, and ships at sea to the left, and cavalry at bottom. I get the cursor (hand with extended finger), and it works fine. But then no buttons come up. There is nothing to click on. After about 30 to 60 seconds, the game window closes and I get a windows error message... "DOF.exe has stopped working. Window is checking for a solution to the problem." After a few seconds it comes back with the message... "A problem caused the program to stop working correclty. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Yeah, right... as if windows knows what the problem is.

In the icon's properties I selected run compatible with Windows 7 (which is what I have) and run as admin. I also have the updated network version 4. I don't think its the video driver because I get to the DOF title page, and I get through the two movies.

Anyone know what to do?