Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - ranged troops
Thread: ranged troops
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:44 PM

Oratory has a default reputation
Default ranged troops

As this is going to be a mmorts. I guess there should come more things that require tactics. As it is now, you can just max out on ranged troops to win a battle. And the reason for this are a few. Mainly, they attack way to hard, taking them down to about 1/10th of the current dmg would make more sense tbh, but if this is going to happen, you should add about 100% attackspeed aswell as increasing the range with about 30-50%. I find this allot better, because archers should not be a unit that kill armies, they should weaken them, and/or force them to take another route where you will have a better advantage.
Another thing that might could make archers something you have to use tactically would be to add friendly fire, this just makes sense to me. you should not be able to send in a "tank" that absorbs dmg, while your archers fire waves of arrows that only hit your enemies.

Another option would be to change how troops work. Archers are clearly a longrange shooter, wich, i think should mean that troops with shields or higher armour should lower their dmg ALLOT, just like above, maybe 1/10 of the current dmg for that.
Crossbowmen are what i would call "Armour piercing" troops, so they will simply penetrate higher armoured units.

I had more to say, but my brain just stoped working, but this is some basics that people can help me work with, so we can bring a more rts feeling to this game.

//Oratory