Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - So much wrong with this game that needs to be fix/implemented before Open Beta
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:04 PM

VanguardX has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EenVanZes View Post
Well I'm running the game on a XP 32bit machine with Dual Core on 3Ghz, 2GB DDR3 and a 4870 512 MB. For me it's unplayable. All game modes are really really slow. I tried Kingdom wars, but during a fight the game lags and stutters every 5 seconds. I cannot command my troops well. It takes a few seconds before the troops react on my clicking. Even when I'm not directly looking at the troops the game stutters. I remember Total War to calculate only the troops on screen, (where you look) but DoF certainly does not. It feels like the game is calculating all troops on the map. So always using tons of pc power. Strange. Shouldn't you optimize that?

Anyway, I have all possible visuals turned off and to the lowest. What going wrong? Running my native resolution 1440x900 or a lower 1024x768 does not change a thing either. Changing resolution is a haggle anyway. Ingame it does not work....
As I see others still having the same problems I encountered, I will put in my 2 cents on this issue as well.

I tried the Beta a couple months ago, but found it unplayable due to performance issues [my system is similar to the above posters]. I was hoping this would have been fixed by now, and that I could try testing it again, but it looks like it has not been.

I would like to STRONGLY encourage the developers to correct this issue ASAP.

The #1 reason being, that if your beta testers cannot play the game, then we cant really help test it for you guys. This situation will lead to far less testing, and fixes prior to release, which can lead to big problems down the road. Performance issues reduce tester feedback.

Specific performance issues I had were the same as some of the other posters in this thread. One I would like to add is that even the in game help menus took forever to pop up, meaning I could not even just read about things in game without being frustrated to the point of logging out. Having at least the help menus working well would be...umm, helpful!