Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Questions about the modding
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Hey nestharus, sorry for the late reply.

(Re: attack objects)
When a melee unit attacks you cannot retrieve an attack object. For a melee unit all you have pertaining to attacks is an onattack event, an onstrike event for each weapon, and the before and after attack events. Also you have OnWound and OnDefend and OnStruck events for the defender.

For units that do have projectiles though, you have events for the projectile's launch and strike (you can determine whether it struck its target or missed in the struck event). You can manipulate it outside of these events too if you wish. Projectiles do have custom properties, and you can add as many as you want.

(Re: possibilities)
Your possibility #1 is definitely possible if you retrieve the projectile object
I haven't really looked into a velocity/acceleration system, but it seems like it would be pretty lightweight in lua. But not sure on this one.

@Magicus,
To get the rendered view, make sure you create a new map (top left corner button). If you did, I'm not sure what is wrong

Last edited by Andy Joslin : 09-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.