Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - What usually happens when I try to get someone to play Dawn of Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinternetman View Post
I start showing them a few gameplay trailers, talk about the game mechanics, and usually the first thing they ask about is can they conquer other players and build and online empire.
Read this post http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2016

You build your empire on the world map taking over NPC towns, building up your armies and completing quests. Then you can choose PVP where you try to attack your enemies stronghold or defend your own where you can win resources from your opponent and destroy their stronghold leaving them to have to rebuild. PVP hasn't been enabled yet so you won't find it in the beta.

This game has been in development for a number of years and in that time many suggestions have been posted and the Devs have taken these into consideration. At this stage of development the Devs have already constructed the game in a certain way based on what they feel the community wants and they would be unable to continually change aspects of the game each time a new suggestion is posted. They must take into account not only what people want to see but also what will make the game work best. Don't forget this is a company developing a product so they must also consider what is best for the company because otherwise they wouldn't have received the funding to develop the game or a publisher so we can eventually purchase it. I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be a lot more changes and I also expect some content to not even make it into beta but when the retail version is released we will likely see new things added.