Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - What usually happens when I try to get someone to play Dawn of Fantasy
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

theinternetman has fair reputation

I think my comments and reactions stem from a specific group of users who may not be the target audience for Dawn of Fantasy. Like many small game studios, community suggestions make it into the game and that's great, don't get me wrong. The way the game is designed as-is is not so much a personal issue as it is me reacting to such a very negative response to the game based on a lack of a certain game mechanic. Many players seem to not care about the attributes of a studio, they'll either decide to play or not. Consumers aren't quick to sympathize with companies in many cases unless they put on their indie hat and do something really crazy and innovative (Notch).

The modding tools are a major asset that I see a lot of opporunity in that differentiate this game from the pack. Warcraft 3's custom maps using JASS and vJASS spawned quite a few amazing games that give Warcraft 3 a decent online community so many years later. LUA is quite a bit more powerful than jass so as long as people are willing to learn a bit of programming we might see some great content come to Dawn of Fantasy.

It's not so much we don't like what DoF is, it's that we see a great potential and want to try to inflience the game to go in a certain direction that reflects our vision. Hell it's worth a try.