Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Buildings
Thread: Buildings
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

†TYRANICK†™ has a default reputation

Wait so...you have "pre-built in" designs for all the walls on the map...and at the click of the button they all built around your base? .....

That's incredibly limiting...

Does that mean we cant build walls or structures anywhere else apart from in the "pre-building areas"? That means you can be easily surrounded incredibly quickly. What if you wanted to cut off and create a choke point, you cant send a builder out to go and build a wall there? (after say building friendly structure there)?

You say there are quite a few plots but, does this also apply for forward bases?

It gives me the impression that: "You HAVE to built here or no base for you" "If you dont do this...tough".

Is it some sort of balancing strategy? Because it just sounds soooo restrictive that your forced to built in conjunction with the map...i dont care if i would of had to build individual segments, hell at least it provides a lot more freedom on how you layout your defenses.

I want to be able to freely create "layers" of defenses, sever choke points, establish filtering systems, traps and use the entire area to force the sloth upon my enemy without restriction...having to abide by a built-in structure doesn't appeal to me at all.

Can you not built walls in segments as separate structures? Is it all just a button you click? "Build 135 pre-defined wall segments...will cost 800000 stone" Etc...how much will it cost to build and entire perimeter defense lol?

Unless...

Its a tactical option? You either allow us to built in predefined structures OR allow us to make our own "layouts" or "blueprints" or allow us to built and design as freely as we want.

Other thing that worries me is that this is for Men and Elves, but orcs can built freely wherever they want...but are restricted to just wooden walls?

Something really doesn't sound right...im now dreading on how restrictive play mite be . I think you should either revise what your planning...or convince me that there is still some "freedom" in settings up walls and defense.

Last edited by †TYRANICK†™ : 04-16-2008 at 02:34 PM.