Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Reverie World Studios Forums - View Single Post - Age of Conan Influence?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feweh View Post
Also, you said theres no micro-management somewhere....maybe the video.
"I" said it?

Not having played the game I can't really say how long it will take to build up but they did mention that "teching up" will go slower in the MMO portion of the game compared to regular singleplayer and custom matches. Since the MMO part is supposed to be grander and slower paced buildings and upgrades (including castle building) will cost more and generally be slower (similar to how leveling up usually goes pretty slowly in mmorpgs).

And yeah, judging from the screenshots I'd say the "city" will build itself as your stronghold grows (kinda like in Heroes 3 when you upgrade the village hall into a town hall, city hall, capitol and additional dwellings appear all around). And as far as I've heard, also similar to Heroes, those stronghold upgrades will increase your gold income due to taxation of the increased number of people living in your "city". But placement of walls will remain under your control although there will probably be a limit to how much you can "stretch" the walls.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*